ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering help

clio dynamique 16v
I need a little help on resolving a slight problem!

I have a set of coil overs on my car, the front is fine, it has about another 30/40mm left before it's rock bottom.
BUT the rear of my car is at it lowest, and its not low enough.
I have also taken the rear cups out so it really is as low as they will go!

I have been told that because I have the upgraded shocks from the coil over kit that I could just go out and buy a set of rear lowering springs to get the lows that i need and it won't effect it noticeably.

The problem being:

1. Is this true?
2. If so, I don't know exactly how low I need to go to get the car sitting just right.
3. Where the hell do i get low enough springs?!

Here's how my car is sitting at the moment. All I need really is another 10/15mm as I don't want it touching the tyre, or touching the rim, but sat so theres barley any wheel arch. Obviously until the rear has been sorted I cant lower the front any further!

02-2_zpsc92aa263.jpg

011_zps0eec0480.jpg

I found a picture of N!CK R's clio on a suspension thread, and his rear is sitting just about perfectly! That's pretty much how I want mine sitting, Any advice and help will be really really appreciated! Especially links to some low enough springs! And any ideas on how low this is would be great too!

02032008246_zps325f9487.jpg

P1140323_zps1c008fa9.jpg

Thanks!

clio dynamique 16v
Ta Technix, don't hate haha!
Genuinely thought that 70mm would be enough for the back, and with my budget they seemed like an okay choice, I've not had any problems with the coil overs themselves atall yet!
But I really don't think that's 70mm tho?!

I've never heard of those! The 'will lower by __mm' are never accurate - even Sportline springs say 55mm but realistically lower by only around 10mm.

I'd get a set of coilovers that you know will go lower, if not custom rear springs may be the only step forward however this can be more hassle than it's worth sometimes.

clio dynamique 16v
I've never heard of those! The 'will lower by __mm' are never accurate - even Sportline springs say 55mm but realistically lower by only around 10mm.

I'd get a set of coilovers that you know will go lower, if not custom rear springs may be the only step forward however this can be more hassle than it's worth sometimes.

They're budgets basically haha! Not bad atall for the price!

Ahh okay... I'll have to look into that! Thanks for your help tho :)

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
I've heard some good things about this place for custom springs http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/ even if the website does look pretty terrible. i've got ta technix on mine as well, got the same problem as you with the rear though. I may look into custom rear springs in summer.

Clio III DCi 106
Try a set of 60mm Corsa B's.
They are really small and should fit. They fit nearly anything.

clio dynamique 16v
So you think 60mm will be the drop I need to get that low? Do you think 70mm will be too much?

Thanks for both of those tips! I shall look into them both :)

Clio III DCi 106
No 60mm Corsa's will put a Clio down more than 60mm is what I'm saying. They're an alternative to custom springs.

clio dynamique 16v
just rung the guys up at Coil Spring and they said that they can compress your existing springs down however much you want it to for only £45, sounds like the perfect deal to me, this way i can get it sitting perfectly to how i want it but also keep my current spring which means no guessing games as to how low i need to go! and... its stupidly affordable. Not sure if thats per wheel or together... should have asked really haha

RB 182 FF
I think your car sits perfectly now and the black Clio looks like it's suspension is F*cked being that low...! I'd leave yours as it is! :)

clio dynamique 16v
I think your car sits perfectly now and the black Clio looks like it's suspension is F*cked being that low...! I'd leave yours as it is! :)

Thank you! :)

It's just the wheel arch gap thats bugging me! I do have some spacers to fit on Thursday to try and push the wheel and the tyres out a little to fill it up, but because of the stretch on the tyres it can sometimes look like theres more arch gap than there actually is!

RB 182 FF
Thank you! :)

It's just the wheel arch gap thats bugging me! I do have some spacers to fit on Thursday to try and push the wheel and the tyres out a little to fill it up, but because of the stretch on the tyres it can sometimes look like theres more arch gap than there actually is!

You look at any performance car off the production line and the wheel arch always nicely follows the edge of the tyre, when you start losing your tyre inside the arch is when a car looks sh*t IMO, only my opinion of course but I think your car looks spot on! Id leave it! :)

clio dynamique 16v
You look at any performance car off the production line and the wheel arch always nicely follows the edge of the tyre, when you start losing your tyre inside the arch is when a car looks sh*t IMO, only my opinion of course but I think your car looks spot on! Id leave it! :)

What I may do is wait and see how the stance looks with the spacers before I book the springs to be shrunk! Appreciate the feedback however!