ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering and new alloys

Clio 182 sport
So after reading through endless threads on this subject and wanting to avoid posting yet another thread on this..ive had to give up and ask for advice ... i now know that for any real effect im going to have to lower my car 60mm and for that im going to need coilovers as 40mm is the limit for just springs.

so question 1 is ... whats the best bang for buck coilover set i can get for 60mm all round (clio 182 sport)..and at that that height will it still drive fine on everyday roads..im thinking speed ramps here ;)
question 2 is my clio has standard alloys in black atm but have decided they look far better with silver aftermarket (personal choice dont shoot me down) ..... if im lowering 60mm should i stick with 16" alloys or get 17" ... last thing i want is the wheels catching everything

As always muchos gracious in advance :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
60mm is quite a large drop. My 197 is currently on 30mm and 40mm and it sits perfectly.

Become a member mate, read through all of the guides.

Clio 182 sport
60mm is quite a large drop. My 197 is currently on 30mm and 40mm and it sits perfectly.

Become a member mate, read through all of the guides.
i was a member couple of years back .. think ill sign back up again ... cheers bro my heads having an information overload with all this atm lol

Clio 182 sport
You're slowing your car down on 17's mate.
thats all i needed to know thanks mate ... get some 16" and look to go 30 - 40 mm drops that way i can just get springs for the time being .. thanks for your advice

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Check the part numbers on your shocks and springs. If you've got a 182 you should only need to lower by 45mm (maximum) to bring the arch 5-15mm off the tyre. Assuming you've got 182 16" wheels with 205/45/16 tyres

Clio 182 sport
Check the part numbers on your shocks and springs. If you've got a 182 you should only need to lower by 45mm (maximum) to bring the arch 5-15mm off the tyre. Assuming you've got 182 16" wheels with 205/45/16 tyres
yes i have a 182 sport .. cheers for that went to demon tweeks and he said for £320 fitted i can get a drop of 30mm front and 40mm rear chuck in a k&n induction kit £440 all in dunno what to do though got it booked in for tommoz just dont know if i can get it done cheaper or not