ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a Trophy

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi guys, i'm fed up of the 4x4 comedy ride height of my trophy and the body roll on track.

Are there any spring options other than the Eibach's? I believe they only lower the Trophy 15mm? I'm thinking that I want 30mm at least?

I could obviously get some coilovers but then I'd need to lose the Sach's.

I think Mark Fish motorsport do some springs, but i've read that these are just the Eibachs rebadged?

cheers!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Eibachs, any lower and you are looking at DECENT coilovers, or what's the point?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
This has had the Mark Fish suspension upgrade
5310391666_0bfa29c3a0_b.jpg

This hasn't
SDC17915.jpg

Lotus Elise
To reduce body roll on track, unpin the front dampers and play with the setting. On super sticky track rubber I go for about 32 clicks from full soft. A rear ARB will help to. I have custom springs on mine and I bloody love it. The sashs dampers are a superb road/track compromise dont bin them!

Clio 182 Trophy
Any idea when the BTM setup I see you guys are working on will be available? and have you got a rough cost?

Lotus Elise
Sooooooeeeeee!

Cant wait to give them a proper going over Fred, the vertical movement of the car on our bumpy roads is outrageously good on the current setup.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
The Mark Fish stuff is a fair bit lower at the back then front.

I've not tracked mine on the standard suspension, but can't really recall any excessive body roll as standard. Is all your current stuff fresh, or are you driving it very hard.

Have you got a side on picture of yours mark or jamie with the MF springs. Interested to see the difference, is the ride much stiffer?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Have you got a side on picture of yours mark or jamie with the MF springs. Interested to see the difference, is the ride much stiffer?

I only have one picture of mine with standard springs and even then one of the front ones where broken as thats how it was when i bought the car heance why i bought the MF springs.

STANDARD SPRINGS

IMG_0363.gif

MF SPRINGS

Pic001.gif

Clio182001.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Can hardly tell. But f**k me, looks weird on non-cup packed 182 wheels. :S

If im honest i cant notice any difference one bit on ride hight.

When i got the car one of the front springs was snapped and it was on its hoop so after doing some research aload of people told me to go with MF so i called him up and placed an order.

The 182 wheels are mad but i kind of like them as it matches the silver trophy sticker

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Springs are stiffer, but Mark slackened off the front by four clicks on mine - which is noticably softer. The overall package is the car is much less crashy and seems to be smoother. Clearly you can make it stiffer front and rear with the adjustability - just I've never had to, tbh, I'd make it even softer, especially with the s**t state of UK roads.

Lol, should use my eye's its pretty obvious actually. I even took a picture of it.

What about the one at the bottom of the reservoir?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have no idea, I'm guessing that is holding it together rather than stiffenning/softening?

Lionel Richie
see the blob of yellow paint? that means "do not f**k with"

that looks like where the gas goes into the damper

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
On Sportlines & hero wheels:
IMG_0788.jpg

I also run a Whiteline ARB. The Dampers are currently pinned at OE settings, nowt wrong with the standard positions imho.

In addition, there is nothing wrong with a bit of roll, tells you when your about to start staring out the side window.