ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering '05 clio

TT
has anyone else stuggled to find springs to lower (1.4) 05 clio by about 40mm?all springs seem to be for like 98?

Turbos.
What Loony means is that a post 98 models springs will fit yours too.

Get some FK Coilovers (up to -80mm) for the best looks, ride and handling!

TT
cheers, i thought that was the case, and as for coilovers, sadly, being a student, not too minted, so im looking for springs!!

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
i dont think you can ger 40mm springs for our year model.cos i could only find 35mm or 60mm springs.........obv went for the 60mm!!

1.6 16v clio priv
Got mine from motorworld catalogue. Its for a 1.6 but the kit is the same as the 1.4. Spax VSX £250 40mm drop

1.6 16v clio priv
i believe the sifference is some cars have a 52mm and some have a 58 mm bolt spacing. Thats not dependent on age though, although i think the 52 was older models only. basically a clio mk2 onwards all have the same suspension find your bolt spacing and it will match

bigmonmulgrew said:
i believe the sifference is some cars have a 52mm and some have a 58 mm bolt spacing. Thats not dependent on age though, although i think the 52 was older models only. basically a clio mk2 onwards all have the same suspension find your bolt spacing and it will match
Mk2 phase 1 cars come with a variatey of hubs most 1.2's use 52mm hubs the 1.4 use 54 and the 1.6 and 19 use 58mm hubs the Mk2 phase 2 use 99.999% of the time 58mm hubs for all models however some early Mk2 2 1.2's have 52mm hubs.