ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered Mk1’s Pic Request.

S2000

Could you please post picturess of your lowered Mk1 Clios and say how much it is lowered by and how big the wheels are. I am really looking for pictures of Non 16v or Williams Clios because mine is a Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT.

Im hoping to go 55mm but that would probably mean some scrubbing so I just want to see if that would be worth it for the improved looks as I like really low cars.

Thanks.

Dave.

what size wheels you going? 40mm was enough for me on 195 45 16s. rubbed the rear arch lining as you saw but thats all.

172 M69 eater

i was on 195/45/16 with rubbing and 40mm

now on 195/50/15 phase 2 valver wheels and no rubbing as such yet!!

patty

heres my clio 1.2 its on 195/45/15 tyre and its lowered 60mm front and about 80-90mm back. the back rubs like crazy with passengers and im getting it raised about 20mm, you could prob get away with it with some arch mods though and it also depends on the make of tyre, my last tyres were fine but the ones ive got now have a rim protector so theyre just a little bit wider.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Callum_Crouch/Callum004.jpg

[Edited by callum_crouch on 6/20/2005 2:30:08 PM]

think lunners may be the lowest non 16v mk1

he may appear with pics at some point

may have some on www.lunner.co.uk

S2000

Thanks for all the photos people. I think I might go 55mm because I think that in a lot of the photos of 35 or 40mm just look higher than I would want at the front. Some more photos would still be really helpfull though.

Would it be possible to get no scrubbing with it lowered 55mm all round? If so what arch work would be needed and howmuch would it cost?

Thanks.

172 M69 eater

^^ 15s & the right offset, remove the arch guards and i doubt ud have scrubbing at all....

patty

S2000

Im pretty much set on that now TBH. I just need someone I was PMing on here about a suspension kit to reply but I dont think he is browsing the forums anymore and I dont have his e-mail address (and its not in his profile.) :(

172 M69 eater

get urself some 15s, lower it 55-60mm mate and ull be happy, i prefer my 15s since i came down from 16s, they were takin away any accelleration i had!!

172 M69 eater

oh and phase2valver wheels/turbines are always good to get cheap and then refurb... did mine in black meself:D

Rb 182

Mines is 50 on f**ked shocks so it sits really low. (you have seen it) scrubs on arch liners (front and back) with Mk1 172 wheels.

dave

172 M69 eater

^^could try some spacers on it cus arent the offsets totally different so its gonna cause scrubbin (like on justys too)

Quote: Originally posted by patty on 21 June 2005

^^could try some spacers on it cus arent the offsets totally different so its gonna cause scrubbin (like on justys too)
So true!!! My rears dont rub at all, with arch liners removed they only rub on full lock - well only the drivers side does!!! 3mm spacers with arch liners removed will solve the problem Dave!

A silver Honda

:oops:again lol

^^Definately my next two mods if i still own the car...

Have you sorted the torsion bar yet?

S2000

Just thought I would dig this one out again as I will have to get some springs sometime this week as I my alloys should arrive today. Has anyone else got ny photos that arent posted?