ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower coolant hose clip to sub frame - captive nut needed.

I've asked MarkR on here via PM who was very helpful, but on the parts computer he couldn't see it - As I removed the sub frame I took the lower coolant hose clip bolt out. The clip that pulls the lower coolant hose away from a metal pipe and secures it to the sub frame.

As I was re fitting it I had a lot of faffing about only to realize it had cross threaded, so I gave up as it crushed and pulled the captive nut.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement to push into the sub frame so I can bolt this hose clip back on? otherwise theres no access directly underneath the hole otherwise I'd just use a bolt below it.

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 18.29.05.png

Clip seen here but I need the captive nut.

Thanks I'll look into it, dont think there will be enough room to rivet a nut on and I dont fancy dropping the sub frame nut for that but if its a last resort I may.

Must be able to buy a captive nut is that the right term? and tap it in