ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower ball joints. Where from?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Anyone had one fail pretty quickly?

i.e about 5k and 2 trackdays?

Or am I being stupid thinking that it should last longer?

Previous ones lasted about 8 trackdays and 50k+ to my knowledge..

Can't be certain but think it was a Delphi part..

abuse and lowering will reduce the life of anything. Have a look at the angle your balljoint sits at. If you go very low, you can be right at the limit of travel when stationary

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Nope not silly low running on Koni's although did forget to mention was running 888's on track and one was Cadwell park so pretty hard track on a car..

Maybe it was just a dodgy one I had as only the passenger side went..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i killed one at the same time as bending a rim and popping a tyre. did a proper job thanks to a pot hole. Was in perfect condition a week before

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted mine today, old one's came out surprisingly easy once the long bolt was out.

LY R26 #288
Same. I ended up splitting a cv boot and smashing my finger against the brake disc with a 4 lb club hammer. So im sorting the boot out this weekend in the freezing cold. Can't wait!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Same. I ended up splitting a cv boot and smashing my finger against the brake disc with a 4 lb club hammer. So im sorting the boot out this weekend in the freezing cold. Can't wait!

Did it in a warm garage :eek:

And all the brake assembly and disc was off as we changed them at the same time.

225 Cup & Williams

Lol you got off lightly mate. I split the cv boot and popped the drive shaft out ending up with 3 litres of gearbox oil all over the garage floor. Don't ask me how I managed it.

LY R26 #288
Same side as me then by the sounds of it. Passenger side seemed to be 10x worse to do than the drivers side.

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah your right mate it is, f**k knows why lol. Never doing them again they can get done at the garage.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Can you fit a wrong balljoint to a clio 182? Not sure if I have been supplied a wrong part. Steering is mega stiff to the right. Only thing I've changed is a strut top bearing, track rod ends ball joint and spring all on the drivers side aand alignment done but Jesus the car will not steer right!! Im thinking ball joint is wrong? Everything is solid at the garage the mechanic said.

LY R26 #288
Might be best of starting a new thread matey. People will notice it more. I can't imagine you could fit a wrong ball joint. You sure the strut top bearings are okay?.

Twingo RS
Help would be appreciated guys

Wazz the strut top nut off under the bonnet. Jack both front wheels up in the air. Hold the road wheel with your hands and try and turn the steering. If it turns okay then youve built the strut up wrong.