ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower ball joints. Where from?

LY R26 #288
As above for my 182 with cup packs.

Just had my MOT turns out my knocking noise and tyre wear is a worn lower ball joint and not the track rods. Which makes it easier and cheaper for me :D

Is it possible to get ones that fit straight on?.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got a pair from Mark Fish this week, £26 a side.

No idea if that's good or not but he says they are the best quality he's tried and I trust his opinion :)

225 Cup & Williams
They come with a new pinch bolt and nut along the the 2 bolts and nuts that hold it on the wishbone. I replaced mine 2 weeks ago no knocks at all now.

Lionel Richie
I got a pair from Mark Fish this week, £26 a side.

No idea if that's good or not but he says they are the best quality he's tried and I trust his opinion :)

HOW MUCH! we use TRW (which are OE) and they're £18 a side IIRC

02 Clio 172
Got mine off eBay after failing it's test on them, think they were something like £26 delivered with all bolts included

LY R26 #288
Lemforder ones from ECP are 21.60 a side and I can get them off the shelf at the weekend so its nice and easy.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
HOW MUCH! we use TRW (which are OE) and they're £18 a side IIRC

Was going to ring/text you about them too, but was on the phone to Mark at the time so just got em ordered.

Ah well, Marks a nice guy and as long as they are ok I'm happy :)

172/1.2/E30
No, they don't. A friend of mine is working for Lemförder. They have quite strict quality standards. OE for BMW, Rolls-Royce etc. Maybe TRW is buying parts from Lemförder. But i doubt that as the TRW parts are much cheaper than the Lemförder ones.

Lionel Richie
No, they don't. A friend of mine is working for Lemförder. They have quite strict quality standards. OE for BMW, Rolls-Royce etc. Maybe TRW is buying parts from Lemförder. But i doubt that as the TRW parts are much cheaper than the Lemförder ones.

end of the day its a balljoint LOL!

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I got both ball joints for 18 quid Inc VAT, from europarts, just enter WINTER25 on the redeem voucher, should round about 18-19 quid mate.

SERVICE25 works for me - Lemforder £21.90 each and budget £12.90 both less 25% ;-)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Just out of interest, how do you tell if they need changing please? Is there an easy, fool proof way?

225 Cup & Williams
The way I found out mine were gone was when going up the paving stone on to my driveway I would get a loud clunk. Probs an easier way to find our though lol.

LY R26 #288
Jack the wheel off the ground. Hold it at 12 and 6 and pull it in and out. There will be movement if it's shot.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Jack the wheel off the ground. Hold it at 12 and 6 and pull it in and out. There will be movement if it's shot.

thats FAR from conclusive. Could easily be wheelbearing or shock from that test. You need to check for play with a pry bar and look for movement in the joint

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the little plastic washer here?

8b8fc83e.jpg

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I got mine from Euro Car Parts. No idea what make, they have been on over a year and are still like new. Part number is 617745220 and they are £12.90 each.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Whats the little plastic washer here?

8b8fc83e.jpg

Did you go for the Lemforder joints?

Picked up a pair from ECP for £13.65 each!

Fitted some 'cheapie' ball joints a short while ago and have knocking already!!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Anyone had one fail pretty quickly?

i.e about 5k and 2 trackdays?

Or am I being stupid thinking that it should last longer?

Previous ones lasted about 8 trackdays and 50k+ to my knowledge..

Can't be certain but think it was a Delphi part..