ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Low Mileage Cars

Ferrari & Trophy 306
I wondered if anyone has come across any 182s with really low mileage under 20k or even under 10k?

I asked the same on FB and it seems the lowest is around the 30k Mark other than the odd Trophy. The only car I’ve seen in the last few years was the RB 182 sold by Millennium Hero’s.

There must be a few tucked up in people’s collections somewhere but guess they just don’t go on here or social media lol.

Anyway if anyone has one I’d love to know.

Cheers,
Chris

Ferrari & Trophy 306
Wow that’s very high money for a 172; I think Dawns 18k Cup was £8,500. Certainly much rather have that!

Just can’t seem to find a 182 under the 20k mark.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
This Ph1 exclusive is on 26.5k

e738c81b3276be34f9eb194b492775b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Mega low mileage cars could have their own issues - tyre flat spots, severe brake corrosion, suspension seizing, fluid degradation etc.

Ferrari & Trophy 306
I’ve found the same, a few V6s and Trophies but have never come across say a FF 182 on really low miles. I obviously get why the former have been put away but I always thought someone would have done the same with a standard 182 but perhaps not.

Ferrari & Trophy 306
Mega low mileage cars could have their own issues - tyre flat spots, severe brake corrosion, suspension seizing, fluid degradation etc.
Of course; to be fair any car taken off the road and dry stored for any period of time would need ‘recommissioning’ regardless of its age/mileage before it was previously SORN.

If you want a daily driver grab a 100k car from an enthusiast with a fully documented history. But if you want a collection piece it’s got to be a low mileage, low owner fully original car.

I’m not looking for one right now but I’d just love to know if there is one out there.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I can guarantee that silver 172 will smash that cup in terms of condition, it looks border line concourse top and bottom.

There will be low mile 182s out there somewhere and will occasionally come out of the woodwork.

Definitely, mine had been stored for 5 years.

The guy had moved on in terms of family and hobbies and just left it in storage. Over time it became a pain maintaining something that was never used!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That 172 is a proper time warp job. Looks cleaner than when they were new.

Ferrari & Trophy 306
I have a 36k 182 immaculate condition, always garaged etc. It is modified though with a forged engine and big 325hp turbo. It can be reversed at any time and also have a brand new 0 mile 182 engine to go in to it.
That’s the way to do it!

monaco 172
Did anybodysee the mega low mileage RB on eBay a few weeks ago?

It was on about 30k with proper shady history. Nobody wanted to bid on it lol

Ferrari & Trophy 306
I believe a chap over on FB bought it for £5k.

I’d certainly prefer a higher mileage car with good history than a low mileage CAT registered one.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Mot history was really bad also and didn't move for 4 years. And the 2018 failure list was like war and peace!

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes I was going to buy it for 2k originally and turned it down, garage got it, resold it for 5k!!!!!! New owner is happy, unless it’s to trick people for re sale in a few months.

Interior is a mess for the miles. It also had a replacement box which doesn’t add up vs the miles.

Ferrari & Trophy 306
That’s not good :-/

But fair play to the garage lol hopefully they at least told him it was CAT D before he bought. I know a lot of people don’t check these things!

monaco 172
Yeh that's the one, plus the fact it was also stolen recovered.

Everything about it seemed shady.

Mot history was also very dodgy. New box etc at such low mileage

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Problem is with these cars now is that milage is becoming irrelevant. This happened with GT turbos, buy purely on condition. My 100k GT turbo was immaculate, my 100k sunny is immaculate. Yes I have a low mile exclusive and cup but that was just luck. Suddenly all these low mile barn find future classic polished turds are coming out of the woodwork ?

Ferrari & Trophy 306
That’s the thing all well and good getting a 10k car but unless you maintain it even when it’s not being used; be better off buying a higher mileage car that’s been well cared for.

A Clio will never be a car that can just be left to rot in a corner then magically be worth a silly value one day like a classic Ferrari etc.

Shame as they don’t take up too much space ?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Have to wonder what the insides of that silver 172s engine looks like, unless it's been regularly turned over surely the surfaces would drain of oil and condensate even in a temperature controlled environment

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
And why has it had a new bumper and/or front end resorts at that mileage.

Cliosport 182
I wondered if anyone has come across any 182s with really low mileage under 20k or even under 10k?

I asked the same on FB and it seems the lowest is around the 30k Mark other than the odd Trophy. The only car I’ve seen in the last few years was the RB 182 sold by Millennium Hero’s.

There must be a few tucked up in people’s collections somewhere but guess they just don’t go on here or social media lol.

Anyway if anyone has one I’d love to know.

Cheers,
Chris
I’ve got a 55 plate 182 that got a brand new engine in 2011.Has done 15k since then.

Cheers

Donald

gofaster

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
I've just put mine up for sale :-(
Was registered new in NZ in 2005, assume built in 2004.
Just ticked over 66,000km.
Would love to keep it but cant fund next car without letting it go.
Just got a verbal offer of NZ$7k