ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low idle, nearly cutting out

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Right so having sorted a bad earth causing the immobiliser to not allow my 172 to start I've now got a new issue which is a low unstable idle which is close cutting out.
On closer inspection I can hear the coil making irregular clicks like an arching sound, is this likely the problem?

Loosing the will to carry on....

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
One for later then, should I just mist them with a spray bottle? It certainly sounds like arching to me

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
@flebay Its arching from no.3 coil post but only intermittently, is this a lead or coil problem or both?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've noticed the resin that infill the coil pack has shrunk away from the terminals, one is even a bit loose

I've noticed the resin that infill the coil pack has shrunk away from the terminals, one is even a bit loose
Thats not normal, guessing it not a genuine coil pack, you usually get a fault on 2 cylinders when the coil goes because of the way they fire.