ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud "pop" when pulling off

Clio 172 Phase 1
Recently when pulling away (when the car is warm) if I give it a bit of stick there is a loud popping noise but is hard to locate where from. The car does jolt slightly, any ideas what this could be? Also lately I have noticed the gearstick shakes more than usual, not mechanically minded but could that mean possible gearbox mount?

Cheers

Jonesy

Evo 5 RS
lol @ thread title :quiet:

is it a pop or a knock?
dog bone mount possibly, park up put it in first, handbrake up and hit biting point, if you hear it knocking that'll be it

Clio 172 Phase 1
lol @ thread title :quiet:

is it a pop or a knock?
dog bone mount possibly, park up put it in first, handbrake up and hit biting point, if you hear it knocking that'll be it

lmao filthy!!!

Erm pop/knock really hard to describe lol, I will try that tomorrow though cheers.

If it makes no noise though then what? haha

1.2 Clio 16v
Had the same thing a few weeks ago, replaced bottom and top gear mounts. total £70 for the two, genuine renault. Jobs a good'n.

clio sport 182
lift the bonnet and rock the engine with some1 looking for play in the mounts, i had a bad creaking and knock when pulling away, apparently it was my top mounts and it turned out to be upper engine mount

Clio 172 Phase 1
lift the bonnet and rock the engine with some1 looking for play in the mounts, i had a bad creaking and knock when pulling away, apparently it was my top mounts and it turned out to be upper engine mount

Ok mate cheers, I have just recieved some washers to do my top mounts so see what happens after doing those, then I will upgrade other mounts if necessary!