ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Knocking.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
More like a thumping noise on full lock and doesn't do it all the time.

Sounds terrible, I thought I'd hit a pot-hole the first time I heard it!

Any ideas?

172 cup
Sorry had to post, the title made me giggle - like someones maybe knocking at the door or something

Bailiffs????

1.5dci
i get that !! say if im terning round like 3 point or summet etc, mines an 03 clio =p little ballbagin thing =\

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
It's a 53 plate to the person who asked - 32,000 miles.

Garage it is then......before something breaks!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Common problem tbh, it's your top suspension mounts. Mine does the same cause they're a bit knackered, can be sorted cheaply with a couple of washers, or you can get new top mounts altogether.

judder

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 ff, R5 GTT
Common problem tbh, it's your top suspension mounts. Mine does the same cause they're a bit knackered, can be sorted cheaply with a couple of washers, or you can get new top mounts altogether.

I have a clio 182 ffr 2005 model and tbh it has done this from new, do you know how much it is to replace top mounts altogether?

Thanks

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
Gosh this is a common problem then! Surely washers are masking the problem? Wouldn't new top mounts be the right thing to do? Are there uprated top mounts?

No guarantee uprated mounts cure the problem.

There was a thread started a few days back about fitting the Ren Kangoo top mounts as they are apparently stiffer due to a heavy diesel being in the Kangoo.

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
Thanks Jeremy. Still seems odd Renault wouldn't uprate the top mounts on a cup doesn't it. I may go for the Yozza washers if they are easy enough to fit. I'll look for a guide. Ta.

Renault are slightly weird when it comes to their parts/part numbers (even weirder than me! lol). Fred off here said that the Clio 1.2 top mounts are the same as the Clio 182 ones, just half the price - but the part numbers are different! Now that is plain weird!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Yeah, i've heard that too.

Was someone selling the washers for £7 on here a little while ago. Just a quick, cheap fix that works just as well. What's the point in getting new mounts if they're not f*cked?

fad

Clio 182 FF
and i'm right too

I took your advise and bought an off the shelf 1.2 ones on Tuesday with the part numbers you posted up. I had already purchased a brand new genuine RS one a week ago and when I fitted the 1.2 one it fitted but sat in the strut a bit more sunk than the brand new 182 I ordered.

I even swapped them around and the same occured. I have since returnd the part. Maybe it would better to replace the pair with 1.2 ones?

*disclaimer* This is no dig at Fred as I know he is knowledgeable its just an observation I made.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Yeah went to the dealer and used the codes you mentioned in a thread the other day. Part numbers were right but didnt seem to sit like the the genuine sport one I purchased last week for the O/S.