ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud "clunk" when moving off

Clio 172 Phase 1
Only started recently, but sometimes when I move off from traffic lights etc I get a loud "clunk" and the car jerks a bit, not had a look under my car yet, anything obvious I should look out for?

cheers

Clio 172 Phase 1
Engine or gearbox mount perhaps mate?

Could be mate, I'm not off work till tuesday which is the day my MOT is, absolute piss take lol

Might get some time tonight for a look, if it is a mount it's a good excuse for some nice upgrades ;)

rb182 cup
or possibly the handbrake sticking on? mine does it,only when handbrake has been on for a good few hours

172 cup
Possibly cv joint... Mine 'clunked' when moving off, and it was a split in the sleeve... New sleeve, with fresh grease, and all was good!

Clio 172 Phase 1
or possibly the handbrake sticking on? mine does it,only when handbrake has been on for a good few hours

It does it when I haven't used the handbrake mate, for example at lights and I haven't needed to use the handbrake it still makes the noise :( hopefully it's something as simple as that though haha

Possibly cv joint... Mine 'clunked' when moving off, and it was a split in the sleeve... New sleeve, with fresh grease, and all was good!

Cheers mate I will have a good look when I get chance, I re-greased the CV joint on my saxo I had a while ago so should be pretty easy to do!

421 Cammed 172
If its when you pull off quickly chances are its upper engine mount.

I had it with mine and a new upper engine mount sorted mine, does the engine move much if you grab it by the inlet tubes and rock it back and forwards?

Clio 172 Phase 1
If its when you pull off quickly chances are its upper engine mount.

I had it with mine and a new upper engine mount sorted mine, does the engine move much if you grab it by the inlet tubes and rock it back and forwards?

Yea it's when I move off quite quickly, it's ok if I pull off slowly lol

I will try rocking it after work!