ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lotus Exige S - Stormchaser

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Shot this Exige the other day, quite a photogenic car!

14254326781_ae46f2bb84_b.png

Lotus Exige S - Stormchaser by AdrianFRST, on Flickr

14272083391_7fd7b9c73a_b.jpg
Lotus Exige S - Sunkissed
by AdrianFRST, on Flickr

14264118764_193b75a530_b.jpg
Lotus Exige S - The Red, Barren
by AdrianFRST, on Flickr

It's also for sale if anyone's interested :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I always find these kinda shoots don't show the car off that well. Same goes for the in studio shots with all the dark and lights going on. Riad's shots seem to have a genuine feel about them.

Dan's studio shots used to be quite cool but I find this stuff looks overdone. The car loks fake, there is zero gloss on the car. The number detracts from the stunning photgraphy also.

Just prefer a bit more naturalness. All magazine shoots seem to end up the same also.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I always find these kinda shoots don't show the car off that well. Same goes for the in studio shots with all the dark and lights going on. Riad's shots seem to have a genuine feel about them.

Dan's studio shots used to be quite cool but I find this stuff looks overdone. The car loks fake, there is zero gloss on the car. The number detracts from the stunning photgraphy also.

Just prefer a bit more naturalness. All magazine shoots seem to end up the same also.

I can, and do shoot stuff with very little or no processing, there's thousands of my shots on http://www.fiestaturbo.com which are like that.

With one car, a nice location and some time I like to push things in post a little bit, for various reasons but in this case mainly because we had the car for one evening and the weather wasn't playing ball.

Here's what your naturalness gets you: http://static.cliomods.com/gallery/...horseshoe-2-before-1280x720-5383783eb003e.jpg

Boring!

There's not a lot of gloss on the car because there's no strong light, the overcast sky acts like a huge diffuser and softens the reflections. The car's also a solid red, and the paint was a bit flat too. It actually looks shinier in the photos that I thought it would.

I think they've a lot more impact done this way, and from the responses here, on 500px and from the guy who supplied the car that seems to be the general opinion too!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think the photo's look great imo.

Where abouts were the photo's taken it looks lovely.It reminds me of bulch-y-groes (sp) at the far end of lake vernwy and the hernant pass which was an old cycling haunt years ago but I don't think it is.

Italian 3.2 V6
Regardless of the original image or the fake storm, the end products (especially the first picture) are epic. Skillz. After all, the finished picture is the most important part even if it isn't 100% original.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I agree, the original shot isn't anything special but the finished article is amazing and isn't something I'd be able to produce that's for sure. They look great!

Sorry OP but they are nice pieces of art but don't kid yourself they are great photos.

A photograph is an image made using a camera , and is a depiction of what the user sees with the naked eye .

yours are fabricated artwork using computer genrated imagery and that's quite clearly where your skills are , but don't kid yourself its a great photo.

I think some people are underestimating how many 'good' photos are edited post photo, be it merely white balance or other adjustments.
Very rare decent photos are straight off the camera.

Admittedly not to this degree. But still impressive

Last edited:
Sorry OP but they are nice pieces of art but don't kid yourself they are great photos.

A photograph is an image made using a camera , and is a depiction of what the user sees with the naked eye .

yours are fabricated artwork using computer genrated imagery and that's quite clearly where your skills are , but don't kid yourself its a great photo.

The unedited photo is still far far better than most people could do tbh. Just look in the various calendar threads for evidence of that.

The unedited photo is still far far better than most people could do tbh. Just look in the various calendar threads for evidence of that.

I don't doubt that but the image you posted was a piece of art , the original photo , which there is nothing wrong with , is a photo

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There's editing pictures to achieve a nicer finish, then there's photoshopping backgrounds, clowns and fairhrounds in.

There's editing pictures to achieve a nicer finish, then there's photoshopping backgrounds, clowns and fairhrounds in.

Yup

One being post processing, one is creating art, both admirable if done well but should not be confused with each other .

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Fpmsl at all the david baileys in here its a neat trick he's done and hats off to him.

Trust the CS critique to come into play with everything in life...

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Thanks guys! Client is very happy with these so in the end that's all that really matters. :D

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Good work, Adrian. They’re a very commercial style of photo which I guess suits the purpose of them. We’ll have to sort another photo meet with Eddie. now that the weather is on the up and not freezing like last time.

Just LOL at some of the responses.

Absoultely fantasic work Adrian.

Yeah Niall, the E21 is getting closer to being driveable, so as soon as it is, I'll be in touch for a meet. I'm keen to get a number of older BMW's together for something a little special.

I think they look quite nice, but should it not say Photoshop by ADRIANFAST

Small minor criticism, but I have to agree with Gally in terms of car shine, they almost look 3d rendered with the lack of shine and "plastic" effect almost. :p.

275 Trophy
Images are great, except for the number plate, that really detracts IMHO.

To all the nay-sayers, photogs have been 'cheating' for years, dodging and burning in the dark room - it's not just a digital thing.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Small minor criticism, but I have to agree with Gally in terms of car shine, they almost look 3d rendered with the lack of shine and "plastic" effect almost. :p.

As mentioned that's a combination of a dull day and flat paint on the car. I also used a polariser on the camera which reduces reflections. The originals have less contrast so look even less shiny.

Images are great, except for the number plate, that really detracts IMHO.

Client's car, client's plate, client's money so had to be in the shots. I guess I could have removed it or swapped it using some computer software or something, but I'm not very good at that kind of thing. ;)