ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of work

53 Clio's & counting
well been meaning to do a few things, and had a day in the workshop last saturday and did these bits:

DSC00191.jpg

I knew my rear shocks were getting old, but when i found a puddle under the car it was time for a change lol, so i bought from renault a pair of Sport rear shocks and fitted them, bloody good job too as look at the state of them:

DSC00193.jpg

and all fitted nice nice :

DSC00194.jpg

then i moved onto my dogbone mount, and pushed out the old bushes and put in some nice poly bushes :)

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

feeling in good spirits the next job was duely started: replacing the wishbones.

I have felt the front feeling very vauge (sp) and not very controlled, and on inspection the rear bushes were knackered.
so onto Renault and new wishbones ordered.

The ball joints were fine, as were the front bush bolts. But the rear bolts were shafted. it looks as if the bolt had rusted to the metal inner sleeve of the bush and took two hours to get it off with alot of heat!

so after alot of blood and sweat both arms came off, the drivers side came off without the bush as we burt it away!

but new arms on and looking all nice:

DSC00196.jpg

On top of this i did a service, changed my gearbox oil, did the usual tyre pressure check, s/wash etc etc and gave her a good clean

The important question is though whats she drive like?

Well the rear shocks have made a brilliant difference to the ride, the back end feels planted, but also can be playfull a real change

the important bit though is the wishbones. gone is the vauge(sp) felling, the jolting under cornering and the ride is 100 times better.
And the handlings improved no end too, definately worth all the effort!!

120d M Sport
those arms are a b**ch to get off I found out for myself! Must be feeling fresh again, its on about 130k isnt it mate?