ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of Power

Family Bus
Here's yet another problem with my car!

With 6 weeks to go til MOT time, Ive noticed a loss of power. Its not picking up anywhere near as quickly as it should in 2nd gear!!!!! (And the others too)

Any ideas?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thought about getting the car rolling roaded to help see if the car isnt picking up as well as it should or if its just in your head. Please dont take that offensively but after a while of driving a car for your head numbs to the power.

Otherwise has the car been serviced recently? Might benefit from new filters and oil.

Family Bus
Hush ya beak Dafty!

Erm Russ.....rolling road perhaps a good idea, but I dont think its in my head lol...one of my friends got in the car the other day and with no prompting from me said it seemed a bit "sluggish" compared to normal!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
the recent "warm" weather wont have helped things either. Cars tend to run best through winter when its cold...which its been very bloody cold lately.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Hush ya beak Dafty!

Erm Russ.....rolling road perhaps a good idea, but I dont think its in my head lol...one of my friends got in the car the other day and with no prompting from me said it seemed a bit "sluggish" compared to normal!

I wasn't joking, I know someone who drove around for about 9 months thinking his clutch was on it's way out when it had got snarled up in his carpet haha

Family Bus
FLOL! Oh dear! No the carpet is defo not the problem!! lol!

Needs servicing though so that may help!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's probably upset a woman has got in the wrong side of the car. Women, know your limits
_40941818_harry_bbc203.jpg

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I had this problem and turnned out it was the coilpack
me too

(it sends the electric to the spark plugs basicly)

had to have my ing leads replaced too. think it cost me about £200 if that helps.

mine splutted and misfired though, but that was after a few weeks driving it as i was working 2weeks solid and couldnt get it fixed

Last edited:
  Family Bus
So its sounding like the coilpack then? Car is on 85k so probably hasnt had that done, if I took it to a garage would they be able to check them or is it same as plugs - change and hope for the best?

Combo
they will be able to check them, i got a phone call saying it was the coil pack so they should let you know before they do any work

Here's yet another problem with my car!

With 6 weeks to go til MOT time, Ive noticed a loss of power. Its not picking up anywhere near as quickly as it should in 2nd gear!!!!! (And the others too)

Any ideas?

Does it jolt or anything?

I mean is it missfiring?

engine light on?

Most probably causes of a miss

coilpack or leads

the joys of a ph2

every person i kno that has sold ther ph1 for a ph2 has regretted it cuz the ph2 has give so many problems compared to the ph1

well im told by all reno mechanics i kno that the most problems they have in with all clios from 02-late 04 (hence the joys of a ph2)

ff 182
well im told by all reno mechanics i kno that the most problems they have in with all clios from 02-late 04 (hence the joys of a ph2)
i had mine for just over 3 years it was a 02 and only problem i had was the airmass meter..guss i was one of the lucky ones!.:)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
you havent had the exhaust changed recently have you, just wondering as a cheap quick fit job was on my car when i bought it and cost me 40 bhp:eek:

2003 MR2 Roadster
It could well be the recent warm weather. In order to check, simply drive to Siberia in Russia where it is currently -30 and test it there. If its still the same then get a service ;-)

Si

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
has it ever had the plugs replaced?cause there meant to be changed at 72k and if not thats a long time for one set of plugs,also might be be worth having renault plug the clip in and see if it reads any faults
cheers matt

visualize whirled pe
Have you had the air con on? All cars I've driven run crap around town when they have the AC on full blast.

Ph1
PMSL @ heat soak :eek: :dead:

It could be a number of things or simply nothing.

Best thing to do, get it serviced (cars always feel better after a good servicing) and mention it feels a bit slugish and take it from there. Dont mention about coil packs etc cos no doubt they'll bill you for one lol

Best thing to do, get it serviced (cars always feel better after a good servicing) and mention it feels a bit slugish and take it from there. Dont mention about coil packs etc cos no doubt they'll bill you for one lol

I only said that as mine can be tempremental..when its hot..as my induction kit needs relocating:rasp:

ff 182

I only said that as mine can be tempremental..when its hot..as my induction kit needs relocating:rasp:
they do take a big hit when it's warm with cone filters mine was real bad

Yep defo..mine right at the side of the engine at the moment..its got a CAF and heat shield ...but if you drive it have for over an hour in hot weather, its starts being a bit naughty.
need to phone k-tec and order a nice chrome relocation pipe.

Ph1
You only get heat soak when your stuck in traffic / slow moving traffic. When your up and running the engine bay is pretty cool due to air entering from the front, wheel arches and from under the car etc etc

Clio MK 4
ye mine seems sluggish at the moment. had service 3 weeks ago and have had a bmc kit fitted but if anything the first week my car felt a bit more responsive and no loss of power. Suddenly the last few days it feels bit sluggish so i'm guessing it the hot weather.