ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power at 5k revs

Subaru 330s
At around 5k revs it splutters a bit and lacks power, it won't really go faster, and this is through the gears. It idles fine and drives fine below 5k apart from I can feel it doesn't really want to go that fast.

I replaced the temp sensor a few weeks ago as I had another problem of it being down on power at 3k revs, spluttering like crazy, cutting out and dying. And the other day it spluttered at 5k and cut out, but this was due to my air intake hose had slipped off some how and seemed fine once I popped it back on and did up the clip. But did notice there was a slight splutter when I reached 5k, so I cooled the revs.

I have plugged diagnostics in and no codes were found.
Anyone had this before or got any suggestions for what to check? I've had a search through the posts but can't find much
Thanks

i had similar as that laura and mine was throttle body.. see if you could borrow 1 off some 1 and take it for a spin

LY 172
i can only think its something to do with either your throttle body,

or some part of the VVT system playing up :/

Subaru 330s
Looked into the VVT thing and it would not appear to be that, however, it would seem the problem is intermittent, gave it a good thrash on the way home and nothing :-/ strange!

Subaru 330s
Problem solved: it was the coilpack, changed over the spare one I had from my old 182, as leaving the national meet today it was spluttering at the beginning of the revs in each gear so had to limp home