ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose wheel bolts.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So just found some of my wheel bolts had worked themselves loose after I had a dodgy juddering feeling. Its got me proper paranoid that they will come loose again now as I know they was torqued up properly.

Any reason why this would of happened? I'll check them again in a few days just to be sure there not coming loose. Also will the bolt thread be damaged from being loose and rocking about under load? Possibly need some new bolts?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That's magic.

Lol well I'd prefer my car didn't keep playing magic tricks on me as it pisses me off! :p

Had a search already and saw chip mentioning about how the rotation of that wheel and the load etc causing it to be the most likely side to go loose. Is it pretty normal then and nothing to worry about or should I get the bolts changed or something?

Last thing I want is another accident because the bloody wheel falling off.

RS
Found this on my R26. Was missing a locking wheel bolt an the other four had around 1/4 turn in them.

I put I down to someone having Brembo envy and being disturbed whilst trying to get the wheel off. Needless to say I was very paranoid for a few weeks checking them every day - also replaced the all.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Found this on my R26. Was missing a locking wheel bolt an the other four had around 1/4 turn in them.

I put I down to someone having Brembo envy and being disturbed whilst trying to get the wheel off. Needless to say I was very paranoid for a few weeks checking them every day - also replaced the all.

Yeah 2 of them had a good full turn in them, the locking wheel nut was the only one that felt pretty tight but still got a bit of a turn on it.

Lol yeah no doubt I'll be driving like a faggot and checking them all the while for a week or 2.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't even have a torque wrench so I just do them up tight and then give it a little tug. Not really ideal but it's never failed me in the past lol :eek:.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Probably needs the wheel bearing replacing, my old one did the same.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll keep an eye on them and see if it keeps doing it. If it does i'll get them changed. Is it the sort of thing you do in pairs? so both fronts? Also is it an expensive job?

Shall also give the threads a clean next time I check then lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I myself haven't touched them but I'll check them again tomorrow or the day after and even if there tight ill still remove them and give them a clean and check for damage.