ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose front end

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
At full lock when doing around 2 mph on a wet surface my car just seems to judder and understeer as though it wants to go straight on ive also noticed that at higher speeds if i hit a bump the car wanders across the road quite badly!
Could this be wishbone bushes??

Any advice appreciated!:approve:

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Sounds similar to a problem I'm having... Just had a CV boot changed and thought that they had damaged something there!!

My steering goes all over the place, but if I park on a kerb and drive then the wheel will turn on its own - weird!!

What are wishbone bushes and how much are they to replace?

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
but if I park on a kerb and drive then the wheel will turn on its own - weird!!

it you park up on a kerb and drive along your wheels will always try and turn themselves - the car is leaning.

Ah right... good to know, cheers matey :cool:

Garage had a look today and changed dogbone mount but hasn't made a differnce... it does feel better in first gear now though :D

yeah i read that one and i have a feeling that could be the same problem..
Its going into renault tomorrow to a have a few things looked at anyway
Cruise control buttons are working in reverse and sometimes wont cancel instead it speeds up... dangerous...
exhaust emissions light on AGAIN....
head light washers blocked.......
and a sqeeky brake pedal..... that should really piss them off....

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
My problem is the wandering as if the steering has a mind of its own... Surely someone has had this problem and had it fixed??

My problem is the wandering as if the steering has a mind of its own... Surely someone has had this problem and had it fixed??

Check the wheel nuts as they ahve a tendancy to come loose.
But on older cars or ones with a few miles check the ball joints and top mount as well as ARB/Wishbone bushes for wear.

back from renault and.................

stut top mounts were fucked replaced and whole feeling of the car has changed for the better.........

exhaust emissions light now off with no traceable fault apparently.. give it a week be back on!

head light washers are fucked need new assembly parts not in stock (shock).........

cruise control switch is fucked part also not in stock (shocker) so car back in the garage in the new year....... woo hoo....

Just started new job and got round trip of 110 miles and its kiling my little car... and my wallet £60 a week easy...

Time for a diesel golf im thinking.................. na