ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to go 4G. Best price/package plane for iPhone 5s

Italian 3.2 V6
As title.

was looking at EE's 20gb plan on the 5s for £47 a month (24month with £10 upfront). Is this good value? And most importantly is EE a good recommend network!? Just after some advice - I'm not too clued up on who's best or the deals etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Only you can find out whether it's a good network or not by using each one's coverage checker for the areas you visit most. No point going on EE if they have no coverage at your home and/or work address.

I heard horror stories from 3 but I thought I'd give them a go. Have hit 18mbps on a 3G connection and 30mbps on a 4G connection. Signal is brilliant for my area (east/west midlands) but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole if I was around Scotland or Wales.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I heard horror stories from 3 but I thought I'd give them a go. Have hit 18mbps on a 3G connection and 30mbps on a 4G connection. Signal is brilliant for my area (east/west midlands) but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole if I was around Scotland or Wales.

I heard horror stories with 3 too! £12.90 rolling 30 day unlimited 4G I had to try it for that price, it's been flawless!

Three.

2000 mins
5000 texts
All-you-can-eat data (literally - I've used 117gb in 4 months)

Basicslly unlimited everything for £15 a month. You can even tether on that one for free too.

Anyone who pays more is a fool IMO. £50 a month for a phone/contract is ridiculous.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Vodafone have been pretty good for me but I live in a 4g area. £37 a month for 24 months, £19 upfront, iphone 5S 16gb, unlimited texts and minutes, 6GB data.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Im on the EE 10gb extra tarrif, think its meant to be 37.99 which i wouldn't pay but as my mate works for them he has sorted me friends and family discount, £22!
Coverage is really good though an on 4g its very fast

I have the above on the same deal have had friends and family status since the 90's , i have 10gb unlimited calls and texts including all of the eu so no roaming charges which is useful for me.

Would not touch 3 even if it was free

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never really seen the benefit for going 4G just yet. That said, one of our suppliers showed me real-time playback from 6 CCTV cameras on his phone and it was super smooth. I guess it all comes down coverage though?

I'm the exception to the rule for internet usage on my phone - at last check I barely made 40MB in a month. 99% of the time, I only ever use the internet on my phone when connected wirelessly at home or in the office.

D.

Agree with the three comments, 4g coverage isn't as good as EE yet but it's improving. My brother hit 60mbps in Nottingham.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Signal is brilliant for my area (east/west midlands) but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole if I was around Scotland or Wales.

I have been with Three for a few years now and have found the coverage around Scotland to be very good.