ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to buy a Clio 200.

Clio GT
Hey,

My names Joe, and im new. Ive currently got a (everyones favourite) 2010 Clio GT.

Ive been looking around for new cars, Ive test drove a 2010 Ibiza Cupra, and a 2010 Clio 200.

The ibiza was tempting due to low insurance and better petrol, but the car was quite alot of effort lol 3 different driving modes... but i didnt get to excited with it.
On the way back home we stopped at renault and test drove the clio, never had such a big grin. Only downside is that the insurance is alot higher, tax is higher and petrol worse, but hey, only young once.

I wanted to know, if you think ive been given a good offer. the 2010 is a white car with black wheels, it has just under 4,000 miles, one previous owner (an older woman, so not ragged to much i hope).

Originally the car was up for £14,700. and they offered £7,500 for mine. we managed to negoiate the car down to £14,000, but i wanted £8k for mine... So we walked out.
I had a call today saying that they should be able to do a deal for my car + £6,000, So do you think its a good deal?

Ive seen a 200 cup abit further a field for £14,000, with less than 2,000 miles, so could get it down more. Plus for this is lower insurance, but downside not as much equipment.

Hope i havent gone on too long :p

Thanks

Fletch

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you're going to struggle to afford a 200, just bear in mind the fuel costs.

My 200 gave (near enough) the same fuel consumption as my Scooby. They are terrible on fuel.

Fcuking good cars though, Absolutely brilliant.

200 cup n transit
I get around 27mpg in mine just done over 8000 and everytime I go out in it puts a smile on my face even just up to he shop if I was getting another I'd go for the 200 not the cup as it sfa lol

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
If you're going to struggle to afford a 200, just bear in mind the fuel costs.

My 200 gave (near enough) the same fuel consumption as my Scooby. They are terrible on fuel.

Fcuking good cars though, Absolutely brilliant.

The economy comments are just not universally true and I'm rather fed-up of reading it on here, mine genuinely gets upwards of 34mpg with mixed driving....:S

Make sure you calculate tank to tank fills and don't trust the trip computer as mine under reads by around 2mpg.

If you're getting the same as a Scooby (with this I genuinely could not get 24 mpg), then you need to examine either your car or your driving style.