ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a brand new motor

1.2 16v clio sport
I have about £11.500 to spend on a new car, was looking at the twingo 133 and had a test drive last week, loved the car but am trying to find similar priced cars / same sort of insurance group. Any body got any ideas; btw I got an insurance quote for the twingo at £743 so around that sort of money.

Questions,
Must it be new i.e. a year old 197 cup,
2; how old are you i.e. im 21, on mine its 849 with 3yrs ncb so if ur older it may be less,

1.2 16v clio sport
It doesnt have to be brand new but i would prefer. I am 20 at the moment but i can wait till i am 21 which is in march, but i will only have 2 years ncb by then.

Personally it seems a shame to be so close to getting a 200, if you went for a twingo which say would drop 3k or more in 2 years, would you have the money by then to up to the 200? That would be going in my mind.

1.2 16v clio sport
just looked up the insurance for the 197 cup with 1year ncb 1616 and 2years 1439.

1.2 16v clio sport
insurance for a 200 cup would be cheaper at 1428 but still more than i wanted to pay!

dude honestly it will change massivly, on elephant (before i got mine and before I was 21) i did a search where i put my age in and i clicked that i would by the car on a date after i turned 21, 2k, the week after i turned 21 1k and as i said mine is 849 (or sumin) its something to consider atleast. heres how i would look at it.

Target 13.500= (200 cup)

You have 11.500, you would have 2 k within a year (its possible or borrow it) by then you would be 21 with 3yrs ncb and pay same as me on insurance mayb.

320d
I'd push for a 200 Cup. Can be had for around £12.5K. They're a lot more car that you may be happy with for longer.

Twingo RS's are great little cars though. They can be had for £9-9.5K at around 6 months old with the remainder of the warranty etc remaining.

Edit: Can't find any anymore at that price. I found one online for £12.7K a few weeks back, no options of course.

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
don't buy new, I regret paying £11,800 for a brand new 182 in 2004 as I could have just bought a low mileage 172 for £7-8k.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I wouldn't buy new unless I was loaded. If it is what you are after, bide your time and get a second to new or pre registered 200.
£11.5k will get you a lot of things if you don't mind the insurance!:dapprove:

1.2 16v clio sport
So is there like a scale that you can work out how much discount you will get when I turn 21?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I've been told buy insurance companies that mine won't go down significantly until I'm over 35 :dapprove:
I've paid £1300 for the 182 aswell as £1200 for a bike in the past. Couple of claims, clean license. Daylight f***ing robbery!

mine honestly dropped by 1k in the space of 2 weeks. The nice thing about the likes of elephant is that you can add named drivers on the net which brought mine down by about 600 quid.
Any factory fitted extras = mods with the insurance companies which caused me loads of probs so be aware of that.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So is there like a scale that you can work out how much discount you will get when I turn 21?

I used confused, compare the market etc... and just input vaules as if i was a year older. Not completely accurate but it gave me a good idea.

Also ring an insurance broker and explain the situation and they will give you a good idea of what it will cost.