ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look what an old lady did to my car...

Artic 182FF
11-551D7486-104109-960.jpg11-CC47C6E9-103834-960.jpg

.... and wrote it off.

So basically I was going round Damons roundabout in Lincoln where there are some roadworks and the old lady (she must have been 70+) got confused and decided to drive into the oncoming traffic. Gutted.

Ouch, at least everyone is ok.

What a moron, she must know she does not have the capability to drive anymore? It's pure selfishness when they decide they'll drive anyway, she was lucky nobody was seriously hurt or worse!

Artic 182FF
Tuesday night. This is the first chance ive had to get pics up.

The salvage people that came to get the car said there have been loads of crashes around that roundabout.

The old bloke in the back of the car went into a bit of shock and the copper called an ambulance for him, but he was fine before it even arrived.

Artic 182FF
To be fair those roadworks are shocking and long overdue sorting out.

Definetly. The morning after they opened the road I was one of the first on it on my way to work and there were hardly even any signs telling you where to go. Everone was just stopping and trying to figure it out. Its a joke round there atm.

350z, Subaru Legacy
When it comes to old people driving, in fact driving in general - I think everyone should be subject to re-tests every 10 years, then every 5 years once you're 65.

The way I look at it - you have to reapply for your Passport every 10 years which is pretty much your citizenship to the country.

Yet your physical ability to do something, apparently you retain at the same standard indefinitely.

I would happily take my test every 10 years. It would keep idiots off the road, it would line the government purse nicely and ideally bring down insurance premiums. Everyone is a winner in my opinion.

Evo 5 RS
Definetly. The morning after they opened the road I was one of the first on it on my way to work and there were hardly even any signs telling you where to go. Everone was just stopping and trying to figure it out. Its a joke round there atm.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/reportastreetfault/20568.aspx

report it mate, seriously. Those clowns get paid a s**t ton for the unsociable hours they're supposed to do, and they're f*cking useless for the most part and thick as pig s**t.

Dude the council should be raped for what they've done at that roundabout. I've had to flash and beep at 2 women that have come off on the wrong side of the road and driven towards oncoming traffic.
I've been saying to my girlfriend for a week that it was just a matter of time until someone got driven into - gutted it was you :(

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I went through there a few weeks back - almost caught me out! And the person infront.

Artic 182FF
Update...

Been offered £3200 from the insurance, which ive accepted as its a more than fair price. If only I had a spare set of wheels as i would go and get my speedlines off it. MIght give them a ring and see if i can get them anyway.

As to what to get next, well im hankering after some VAG/Ibiza Cupra/1.8T action, but everytime I see a 197 on autotrader I maybe think one of those.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Ahwel at least you got a good offer from the insurance, not much less than that other guy on here got offered for his mint trophy.

Artic 182FF
Ahwel at least you got a good offer from the insurance, not much less than that other guy on here got offered for his mint trophy.

s**t! Sounds like a got a really good deal then. The bloke who did the vaulation did say it was in excellent condition.

I wonder what the lady got offered for her Kia... :rofl:

Clio 220 Trophy
When it comes to old people driving, in fact driving in general - I think everyone should be subject to re-tests every 10 years, then every 5 years once you're 65.

The way I look at it - you have to reapply for your Passport every 10 years which is pretty much your citizenship to the country.

Yet your physical ability to do something, apparently you retain at the same standard indefinitely.

I would happily take my test every 10 years. It would keep idiots off the road, it would line the government purse nicely and ideally bring down insurance premiums. Everyone is a winner in my opinion.

Got a few more years till I get to the demon age of 65, and everything stops working, driving skills, sense of direction, memory, the list goes on, but how can you generalise about older people, some of the younger ones on this forum could take a few tips from the more mature users on here, this poor old dear gets slated for getting confused at these roadworks, when quite a few posts on this topic say its badly laid out.

Now here's a point to think about, this happened right in front of me the other night, two lads probably late teens early twenties, two cars, deciding to go the wrong way round a roundabout because they couldn't be arsed to wait in a queue at temp lights, now who needs to retake their tests ????????????????????????