ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

London Meet @ Graffiti Tunnel, Central London

Track 172 & Golf R32
Graffiti Tunnel Meet

As discussed in the last thread decided to put a meet together once and for all. It will be my first proper meet and will be good to put names to faces, get some good photo's and just get out for the evening!

Basically it is a dis-used road tunnel that goes under waterloo station and has been adopted by the street artist Banksy who is famous for his graffiti around london. Its a really cool place and you can get pictures such as these. (Stolen from Passion Ford)

6-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

Graffiti Tunnel, Leake Street, Lambeth, SE1 7NN

Time:

I think 4pm is a sensible time as its just getting a little bit darker which would set the scene for better photos!

Just another cool shot of the place to get your juices flowing!

tunnel1.jpg

Whos up for it?

1. Lewis_S

1.6 Ford Focus
Eco-Drive FTW. Whereabouts in the Shire are you located?

Im in Hoddesdon, near Hertford if you don't know the area.

I eco drive quite a lot but then I have a heavy foot and probably called impatient quite a lot haha ;). My £15 a week petrol budget wont last the trip unfortunately :(

Track 172 & Golf R32
Pants! just read the last thread and you said 21st is a maybe shall we just change it to a month sunday? The 28th!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Shall we say the 28th and see what interest is like, plenty of notice for people anyway.
I'll edit the title if the 28th is a goer?

RS200
28th March right? im there count me in. Buuut im getting an r26 in a few days so i wont have a clio. Does that count me out? :(

RS200
cos i will cry even more if i dont take up the chance to get the Meg. lol
Almost bought it instead of the clio in the first place but now i would have owned both and havnt spent any extra on getting the meg apart from insurance

Track 172 & Golf R32
Im in Hoddesdon, near Hertford if you don't know the area.

I eco drive quite a lot but then I have a heavy foot and probably called impatient quite a lot haha ;). My £15 a week petrol budget wont last the trip unfortunately :(

Yeh im in Broxbourne mate stop being such a poof :rasp:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I 100% cannot make weekend of the 28th, one before? Or even after? Common!!! I very much wanted to come to this!

I'll also ensure I bring lots of other Cs members!! Pwease?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I was down there a couple time during Jan/Feb and both times it was almost entirely different on the inside - it's a very nice shoot location..!

I'll probably come along :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthoneywill/sets/72157623249900337/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthoneywill/sets/72157623433725224/

For those who don't know where it is, it's pretty much right next to the London eye (other side of the road). Easy to miss I suppose...

4356712088_2ae09dcb18_b.jpg

Edit - Feel free to use my photos as examples btw.

What date is this planne? 4PM seems pretty early.. all my photos were taken between midnight and 4AM.. the light inside is perfect.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I was down there a couple time during Jan/Feb and both times it was almost entirely different on the inside - it's a very nice shoot location..!

What date is this planne? 4PM seems pretty early.. all my photos were taken between midnight and 4AM.. the light inside is perfect.

I guess if people have work on monday they won't want to be out into the early hours. But let's see what people think..

Does it get very busy down there? afterall, it seems like the sort of place that wouls atract lots of people.

1.4 phase 1
mmmm, i should pop along, whats the traffic going to be like though.
was going to be night fishing this day but i can rearrange that.
also i thought maybe setting another south east meet, it does look like there will be less attendees for this meet due to the travel distance.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yeah, see what the overall opinion is, perhaps a bit later is better?

Also, Yes, we probably still need an actual Essex/Herts meet, as this one is technically a London one.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Yeah, see what the overall opinion is, perhaps a bit later is better?

Also, Yes, we probably still need an actual Essex/Herts meet, as this one is technically a London one.

I dont mind a bit later tbh

As for travelling going into london on a sunday at around 5-6 is a doddle hardly anyone drives to go shopping in London anyway. Also everyone makes out its miles away when its actually only around 15 miles away from the M25. Its 20 miles for me 40 mile round trip i cant see a problem with that tbh

Anyone coming from Hertfordshire/Essex can go M1, A1, A10, M11 which all take you into the capital. Worth the drive in my opinion beats sitting in a car park!

Clio 1970000000
Can't make the 28th and would rather meet outside of London. Next time though.......