ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nut removal cost

So one of my locking wheel nuts is fucked and i cant get it off, ive tryed everything. I need to take it to a garage to get it drilled or get them to get it off. Was wondering if anyones got an idea of what i can expect to pay?

cheers

LY 182
is it a normal renault one
if they charge you i'd be surprised - one of the easiest to get off.
if you were closer id do it for you but if you want to have a crack yourself get a double hex socket thats slightly undersized for it and hammer it on (dont be shy needs to grip well) and undo it that way
short of that there are specail extractor sockets one of the sets were quite cheap 30 odd from snap on and the other was closer to 100 sourced through an aa man.

is it a normal renault one
if they charge you i'd be surprised - one of the easiest to get off.
if you were closer id do it for you but if you want to have a crack yourself get a double hex socket thats slightly undersized for it and hammer it on (dont be shy needs to grip well) and undo it that way
short of that there are specail extractor sockets one of the sets were quite cheap 30 odd from snap on and the other was closer to 100 sourced through an aa man.

Its a renault one. Whats happend is the circular part that stops the socket from slipping to the side has snapped off. So when i use the locking wheel nut socket is just slips to the side and i cant get it off. If you dont understand what i mean say and il put up a pic. Will ramming a smaller socket bit on stay on when i apply pressure and turn the nut?

Cheers