ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut Advice Please

172 Cup

I need to get my locking wheel nuts drilled out as I have no key but what do I replace them with? Should I order some renault ones or would it be ok to just go and get some from halfrauds? Obviously halfrauds are going to be cheaper but would it be better to go for renault ones because apparently they are hard to get off.

What would you go for?

Thanks

MERCEDES CLS AMG

do you have the box the locking wheel nuts came in - the code is usually on there - you can order them from Renault.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 24 May 2005

do you have the box the locking wheel nuts came in - the code is usually on there - you can order them from Renault.
Yes I ordered one from renault from the code in my service book but it turns out that it isnt even my service book for my car:(.

[Edited by Nikki101 on 24 May 2005 at 11:40am]

The code for the locking wheel nut key is stamped on the key itself. If you dont make a note of it and you lose it, youre stuffed.

By the way - weve ordered a few and theyre ALWAYS on back order (which means up to 6 weeks before the dealer will even get a response when they chase the order). Ive yet to actually see one come through...your best bet is to get them removed by a dealer or if youre lucky, an AA patrolman with the correct tools, and buy a new set.