ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locked out / car stuck

Clio 182 Trophy
The battery has died on my Clio as its been sat in the garage for a while and the passenger door with the manual lock is about 5cm away from the garage wall. The handbrake is on.

How do I break into my own car / release the handbrake / pop the bonnet??

Clio 182 Trophy
Could secure a trolley jack underneath and try and pull it out a cm or so to get the key in, not the safest way I know...
I can get the key in and unlock the door, but just can't get in the door. I was hoping it would open the whole car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Jack it up, remove the handbrake cable to release the handbrake and very carefully wheel it back enough to get in?

Or it there no room for that?

Or, open the passenger door as much as you can and use a long hook on a stick to pull the bonnet catch?

Clio 182 Trophy
Jack it up, remove the handbrake cable to release the handbrake and very carefully wheel it back enough to get in?

Or it there no room for that?
It's tight. If I push it forward out the garage it's a quick downhill, across the road and into the neighbours fence too [emoji23] guess I could get someone to help me ease it out.

How easy is removing the handbrake cable? Cars already jacked up.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I took lower front bumper off (separated from the grill), popped the bonnet with a long thin screwdriver and then put charger/jump leads on it.

Clio 182 Trophy
Finally got some time today to look at this...

I thought it could be a dead key fob battery as well so I changed it but the little light still flashes red. Does the key know my cars dead too? [emoji23]

What do I need to poke from underneath to open the bonnet?

Clio 182 Trophy
So happy to see this! Managed to pull the lever with a pool cue and an Alan key taped to the end.
d53476f6bc3d56744b28d80461bc7077.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
Just popped by halfords with the battery and it read 2.7 volts so I think it's new battery time. Bosch ones look like £80 - 35% today on ECP but might see if there's a bigger weekend discount code coming soon

RB Clio 182
Car looks great, thats just my luck tho, things like this happen to me all the time, and the more careful i am, the more stupid stuff tends to happen.

So happy to see this! Managed to pull the lever with a pool cue and an Alan key taped to the end.View attachment 1347220

Great intuitive! I did something similar like this once but it was because my dad and I were locked out, the keys were on a small ledge about 1.5 metres from the front door, I walked over to the carpark and found a few sticks and some rubber bands that the postman had thrown away, made some hooks with the twigs and bands to extend them and hooked the keys through the letter box. In achieving that as a 12 year old, I wouldnt like to know what a determined pikey would of been able to do if he knew they were there