ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Knowledge Needed...

C3 Picasso Beast
Spark plugs done Oct' 11 but other than that all the other bits are from factory. My only problem is I don't won't to be wasting money on parts that aren't needed. I did that with the last problem by replacing the crank position sensor that wasn't faulty!

SQ5
You don't need to.

Swap injector 4 for injector 3, clear the code and start again.

Or unplug injector 4 and make sure the engine doesn't change what it's doing, then switch it with 3 and see if the problem then does the same thing on 3.

These means you don't need to disturb the inlets first until you need to check leads.

I've got 4 spare coil packs here too, and a set of leads. But try injectors first.

C3 Picasso Beast
Been looking into this and I think taking the fuel rail guard off is as far as I would go confidently! To fit a new injector I'd have to take the fuel rail and that off wouldn't I??

172 cup
I'm sure you can do it.

If i'm doing something ive not done before or unsure of i write down whats come off where and draw diagrams etc.

Good luck

C3 Picasso Beast
Fully aware of the fuel rail needing to come off ;) It was late last night and I'd convinced myself that's the problem and I was capable so just bought the injector without much thought! Now on reflection and looking into to it even further I can see me braking the o-rings (think that's what they're called!), fuel leaking on the engine and it catching fire!

Wish I could do more than clean the thing!

C3 Picasso Beast
Wanted Dan (519) to have a look for me but he's away this weekend and fully booked next Saturday. Following week I'm on holiday and want to hammer it round Snetterton so I'll have to sort something out by then!

C3 Picasso Beast
Driving home tonight from work think the injector went completely! Limped it home and thought f**k it I can do this! I've got as far as putting the new injector on the fuel rail which is off the car. Hardest parts were figuring out how to unclip the injectors from the wiring connectors and then getting the stupid metal clip thing in place to hold the new injector on the rail. New injector seems a tad bit looser than the original three but seems secure. I shall fit it back in place tomorrow night and hope for the best! Just want to double check that I'm right in thinking that the injectors go in reverse order from drivers side i.e 4321??

Also working under the bonnet with no bonnet stay is a pain in the arse...

Last edited:
  SQ5
4321 is correct. Plugs should come off easily, just push in metal clip and pull.

Make sure the clip for the injector is in the correct slot.

C3 Picasso Beast
Fuel rail back on and car going again...

Not all good though as car is still in limp mode with service, esp, electronic fault and engine management lights on same as last night when it went. Code reader shows the throttle position sensor fault that normally shows when something completely different is up!

F'king give up!

SQ5
Lol no I was getting confused with removing top inlet too for some reason :/

I had this with my ph1 but different order I had;

Map Sensor
Throttle position sensor
Injector

Go in that order, I also found the throttle sensor bought up the map sensor which didn't need replacing I think, I forget exactly but some failures brought up loads of other codes which didn't really matter.

C3 Picasso Beast
Take it if I haven't pushed the fuel rail back on hard enough it would be leaking fuel from around the injectors??

The thread title needs changing to "The Story Of Phil's F'd Car!!"

SQ5
Yes, you need a bit of lube around the o rings to get them to go in nicely, sometimes the o rings don't seat correctly.

C3 Picasso Beast
I used some petrol as I'd read on here that it can be used and I don't have much else really so hope that was OK? I was a bit worried so have kept the fuel rail guard off so I could keep an eye on them and there's no fuel leaking out from around the injectors so I'm assuming they're in fully. Fuel did however leak from around the fuel pipe that attaches to the fuel rail as I hadn't quite put that on enough :eek:

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
you won't leak fuel past the O-rings, you willleak air. I use spit to lube O-rings when fitting, cheap and freely available ;)

C3 Picasso Beast
Update....

Well started car up this morning and limp mode had gone but engine management light was still on. Drove it a few miles and all the lights and limp mode came back. Took car to Cit-ren for some proper diagnostics and a a total of six random electrical/sensor faults were showing. Got those cleared and car seemed fine on a short run before returning to Cit-ren. Diagnostics again showed only one fault this time being the throttle position sensor fault as before. Got that cleared, paid £20 and drove home without any limp mode or warning light problems. No idea if the fault is there again as I can't be bothered to plug my scanner in! Got to drive the car to Essex on Tuesday so that'll be a test for it. From past experience I think it's going to go into limp mode again at some point and it's got some more screwed wiring somewhere :(

On a plus point it doesn't seem to be misfiring anymore so I seemed to have fixed that with the new injector...