ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LMAO and hope its not true.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah if u say so mate, the 182 driver was undoubtebly seeing if he could keep up with you in 2nd, just for a laugh.

Megane Mk4
Even if its the new one
9355125341.jpg

It only has 105 BHP...

So let me see... (both manufacturers specs by the way)

New 1.9 TDi VW Passat :
0-60 mph (secs) = 12.1
Max speed (mph) = 117
Kerb weight (kg) = 1,616

Reanult Clio 182 :
0-60 mph (secs) = 7.1
Max speed (mph) = 139
Kerb weight (kg) = 1,080

Even with his nice "generous" remap of 25 BHP, it's still got a fat arse and more weight than Vanessa Feltz lost and it'll still have a shorter top end speed... Oh the poor clio 182 must've been badly done by :cry:

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Even if its the new one
9355125341.jpg

It only has 105 BHP...

So let me see... (both manufacturers specs by the way)

New 1.9 TDi VW Passat :
0-60 mph (secs) = 12.1
Max speed (mph) = 117
Kerb weight (kg) = 1,616

Reanult Clio 182 :
0-60 mph (secs) = 7.1
Max speed (mph) = 139
Kerb weight (kg) = 1,080

Even with his nice "generous" remap of 25 BHP, it's still got a fat arse and more weight than Vanessa Feltz lost and it'll still have a shorter top end speed... Oh the poor clio 182 must've been badly done by :cry:

thinkin it might have been the 182 wanabee with sport badges:quiet: :quiet:

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
pmsl .... probably ;)

things like this and the 1 about the pug206 180 whippin the cup will give us all a bad name , next u'll av the corsas nova chavs thinkin they'll av a go ?

wot the world comin 2 :slap: :banghead:

I had a little play with a Passat estate once, dont know what engine it was, but it wasnt slow. But even so, it was no match for the acceleration of the CUP.

He got pissed off in the end that he couldnt get passed me, so overtook me and about 3 other cars on a blind corner. It obviously made him feel like the big man, but it was quite funny seeing him struggle to stay anywhere near me under acceleration.

RB 200 Cup!
t**t - seriously doubt that would happen - perhaps the 182 driver was receivng a blow job at the time and wasnt concentrating

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ PMSL - Some people have no idea what they're talking about! All i ever hear on other forums, is how they raced a 172/182 in lower spec / powered cars. If it was a 182, i bet they werent even trying. Probably took it to about 2.5k max, then changed gear...Tossers!

Tyson.

BMW 535D
kullycliosport said:
things like this and the 1 about the pug206 180 whippin the cup will give us all a bad name , next u'll av the corsas nova chavs thinkin they'll av a go ?

wot the world comin 2 :slap: :banghead:

but 2ltr corsas are the fastest cars in the world aren't they?

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Prob like the guy I 'raced' the other day. I was just minding my own business half accelerating and then see all the black smoke coming from his exhaust cos the fools trying it on. Trouble is he prob thought I was racing!

Nissan 350Z
Gotta agree with you guys here, i had a Fabia vRS (which seemingly according to many people nowadays is the fastest car on earth, can easily humble a Veyron)....

Anyway, back in the real world, the only way it would keep up with a well driven RS is with a remap - as standard, no chance. They do *feel* quick until they hit their peak power at a lofty 4000 revs, and then you have to change gear again... so its misleading. The Fabia could do 40ish in 2nd, the Clio can do it in first... but they dont seem to realise this.

But then yeah, you can get them remapped, and then they *ARE* quick, but whats that I smell? Oh yes, its the smell of my clutch burning!

Megane Mk4
Fabias vRS's are quick anyway and give them a remap and they are astonishingly fast for a 1.9 TDi, but it's the same with any car... Give it more power and play with the engine and it guzzles go-go juice for the fun of it ;)

fat 182
my mates got a tdi 130 and my clio eats it for breckfast
im not saying there slow but the 182s in a diffrent league

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I was sitting at the lights one night with 3 mates in the car. A young guy with baseball cap in a 1.9tdi A3 pulls up quiet abruptly. I'd just got my 182 and I didn't know how to drive it properly or what it could really do. We both kaned it off the lights and I really screwed up my 1st to 2nd change. However, by the time the limiter came on in 2nd I was so far in front it wasn't funny. I went from 2nd to 4th and started to drive normally as I don't like to drive like an arsehole. At this point the road goes down to one lane, so he comes rushing right up behind me and moves to overtake. He's raggin the arse off it judging by all the smoke. Of course there happens to be a fire engine coming the other way with its lights on! Near thing, what a c**k. He dissapeared in a puff of blue smoke, he was well pissed!

Megane Mk4
I must admit though A VW Golf TDi I once played with ate me alive at a set of lights.. User on here too ;)

( you know who you are :rasp: )

But he does have a nice remap on it too :D