ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little turbo for the megane

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Sorry for being stupid but which meapgane is this getting shoe horned in?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
now this is a turbo...

7YP1L.jpg

looks like it is compound too.....:p

Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
​RS Tuning Limited

Clio F4R block, steel crank, steel rods, forged pistons and lots of praying that it does not push the crank out of the bottom!

Vind ik leuk · 7 · dinsdag om 20:06

RS Tuning Limited

Megane 250 head with solid lifters, custom cams by catcams, 1.5mm oversize valves from supertech and headwork from AMS

(ripped from facebook)

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I don't think it will push the crank out the bottom when arp bolts are used. Not te first 4 banger to have that silly amount of power.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
At the end of the day ARP's are still bolted to a cast block, anything could happen.

We need to get some frames made to mount the seat and pedals next and make a start on the engine build when the rest of the stuff comes.

Going to use it for drag and see what it's like. If its no good I will put a smaller turbo on and use it on track!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes, was going to look at that first and if it works fit a dry sump kit so I can rev it to 10500 or so

The piston speed will be pretty unpleasant at those rpm, but its one way to allow you to get timing into an engine even with a lot of boost, lol.

I assume you will be on an Arrow crank or similar at that point?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, I hope you're taking notes for the Nova. ;)

Totally different engine mate, actually far easier for me to get that power than Paul as I have so much better a starting point engine wise, but I have no interest at all in drag racing and so wouldnt want an engine with that power even if I did have the money to waste which I dont.

So I will watch the thread with interest, but I cant see me ever wanting to build something similar, I got upto around 600bhp with 2 litre engines and then decided I had no use for going any further, and TBH these days I dont even have a use for that much.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
941850_549733851735746_2038397559_n.jpg
Rods arrived today. Made by Farndon strong enough for 250hp per cylinder minimum!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair old difference then going from 1.55 to 1.66

Still not amazing for mega high rpm, but obviously unless you start making the block taller you are just so constrained by the space renault have given you, so I think thats good considering.

What size bore are you going for?

I assume you wont want to be doing 84mm just cause of losing too much material out of the block so will stick at 83mm?

Or are you going to liner it so you can get away with a little more capacity?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
83mm in this test block then i might look at doing darton sleeves if the crank stays put!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yeah, bored to death drilling hundreds of spot welds out haha.
Just in the middle of making the frame so we can mount the seat and pedal box.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Expecting all the engine bits back for the end of this month, had a block machined for bigger studs, mains and head.

The seat is mounted and the rest of the welds drilled!

Head:
382511_564356393606825_1770943563_n.jpg

994512_564356223606842_416952187_n.jpg

1005255_564356646940133_995748298_n.jpg

Pistons
1186013_585317231510741_338301964_n.jpg

Just ordered an 02Q box to get the SQS internals with sequential shifter too :)