ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little turbo for the megane

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
1499532_644922362216894_1425764380_n.jpg
1511400_644922378883559_62195977_n.jpg
1468514_641856399190157_399650852_n.jpg

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Looks like pretty high compression! And how much duration do those cams have? Lobes look pretty big

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The valves are 2.7mm bigger than the stock 250 on the intake and 1.5mm on the exhaust :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Jesus wept! Don't think there much more room for even bigger valves.

Might of missed it but are you running two banks of injectors?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Jesus wept! Don't think there much more room for even bigger valves.

Might of missed it but are you running two banks of injectors?

You do get to the stage where going bigger doesnt help anymore as the outside ends up so shrouded that airflow cant escape all around the valve etc, but I am sure Paul knows what he is doing, plus on a pent roof the further they open the more they move to the centre and hence away from shrouding so its more during the ramp angles only that its an issue.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Getting there Gray yes.

It's just on 83mm pistons, need the wall thickness to try stop the block cracking!

Fuel wise I have a set of 2400cc Siemens but might need to add some other injectors too if I go down the e85 route

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Had a little peak of this on sat whilst my bro was gettin his R26 mapped. Immense just about sums it up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Are you intending to stick with the ribbed belt or when you get the pulleys remade to suit the RPM you are revving to (iirc you are going for about 10K and that looks like a formula renault one that I assume is therefore geared for abotu 8K so I assume you need to change them to avoid over speeding it) are you going to swap to a tooth belt or are you going to stick with the ribbed one?

Countryman JCW
You can hold a bigger volume of oil which I believe aids keeping temperatures down, and because the sump isn't there like a conventional wet oil system, you can mount the engine lower for a better centre of gravity. Also, excess oil can get on the crank and cause a drop on power.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Even better cheers bud..

Also a dry sump pump sucks any vapour pressure out of the engine block, this means that there is no resistance for the crank/pistons/rods to rotate which in turn will make the engine rev faster (up and down)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Probably similar, the reason they used these is because ARP's were custom order for that size

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That dry sump setup looks awesome Paul, the entire car is going to be crazy.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It's been a while but there's a bit of progress at last!

1511223_692557367453393_1551637247_n.jpg
Flywheel (thanks scoff), triple plate clutch and crank back from balancing so i can build the engine.

Most of the fuel system parts are on the way and suspension is been designed by KW as we speak.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
10176143_284307808412099_627839194_n.jpg
Spyshot photo of me building the engine.

It's all together now apart from the sump, cams are dialled in correctly and no valve to piston which is a bonus. The lift and duration is quite a lot!

It was fun to time up as the crank has not been made with the hole for the timing pin and there was no webbing there to drill one, thanks Farndon!