ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

little help please.

renault clio 1.2 16v
My Clio 1.2 16v is running lumpy it starts and runs but sounds like its misfiring and then it loses throttle response and dies, plugged the car in and got P0200 Injector circuit / open. Fault code, is the fuel rail and injectors coded on the Clio 1.2 16v, gonna unclip injectors plugs and see if there is a current if not new engine bay loom but if there is then i will get a new fuel injector rail.

Moogun B95
If your ECU is a 5NR2.C5 or similar IAW Magnetti Morelli on the back of the airbox (rear of the engine) its quite likey to be 1 or 3 things..

1. The wiring loom as it passes under the battery try and up to the fuse box corrodes here
2. The ecu security bracket has worn through the left plug wiring loom insulation and is shorting it out here
3. MOST likey for your issue, the ECU security bracket has vibrated long and hard enough to wear an opening in the back of the ECU die-cast (metal casing) and given the wet weather, the ecu is starting to fill up with water.

those are my 3 most likey suggestions for this car. BUT.. it could also be ignition coil or throttle body. I would look at no.3 and no.2 above first.

renault clio 1.2 16v
Thanks, had the coil pack and spark plugs changed couple months ago ad they coil pack went, iv managed to take the black tamper proof box off and chuck it away but there was a slight rub in the green wire in the loom just showing a little bit of copper wire. Will take battery out and look under tray for corroded wires and will try and look round back of ecu for wear marks
its Clio 1.2 16v 2002 extreme btw so dunno bout what ecu it has

renault clio 1.2 16v
Right today i have took the throttle body off and the disconnected the injector plugs and reassembled it all minus the plugs connected, was gonna test to see if there is power goin to the injectors but dunno how to do it, i tried using a Lil bulb and seeing if it flashes when turning over but got nothing from any off the plugs. Am i doin something wrong as there has to be powers thee cosncar starts are rune s***s then cuts out