ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

List of problems.......

Clio 200
Hi guys, hopefully you may be able help before the car goes in on sat or tue! Got a couple of probs on the 182:
1. The tickover seems a bit lumpy (if that makes sense) but not all the time!
2. Sometimes there is a ticking noise when the car is idle but only when warm and can only be heard in the car. Sounds like its coming from the drivers side of the engine!
3. Sometimes when turning the steering wheel there is a noise, almost like something is rubbing or grinding!

Hope my explanations are ok!

P.S. at this rate when these probs are sorted out there will be a 55 Silver FF 182 with 19000miles for sale lol!

Focus ST170
the ticking you can hear in the car is prolly the carbon canister hitting the the metal it's next too it's nothing to worry about, its a well known niggle..

JJS

SQ5
1. Remap may sort it out by slightly raising the idle and just overall making it run a little better.
2. Carbon Canister, nothing to worry about, can remove if you want to.
3. Is it only on full lock? or all the time?

The lumpy idle, does it do it more when the engine is cold? My previous 172 Cup did it all the time when the engine was cold and went away when it'd warmed up. Only way I can think of getting rid of it is getting it re-mapped.

Clio 200
Thanks guys, some excellent knowledge on here! The lumpy idle is when its warm and the noise from the steering is usually only when its cold but not on full lock

RB Cupped 182
1. mine does it quite bad sometimes had plugs leads and coil pack. charaistic i think!
2. mine does it dunno wot it is! not bothering me!
3. mine makes loads of noises top mont mod reqd!