ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow 182.... value check !! please help!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have put a deposit down to stop the vehicle being sold and yes should the vehicle not be as they have advertised then I will get my money back.

As I've said if the vehicle is not as they have said then I will not buy it. There is nothing wrong with doing that I've done it hundreds o time on vehicles I've brought.

Fair enough, but how do you now expect to negotiate on price if the car is good, but not ideal?

They already have your deposit, & subsequently have you over a barrel if you do want the car, so how do you expect to get the 'best cash price'.

Madness imho.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
i nearly got stiched up with a Cheap knackered trophy on PX once- lucky I didnt take it... ;)

S

Fair enough, but how do you now expect to negotiate on price if the car is good, but not ideal?

They already have your deposit, & subsequently have you over a barrel if you do want the car, so how do you expect to get the 'best cash price'.

Madness imho.

Depends how much he's left. I think it's a fairly sensible move really.

Keeps what looks to be a good bargain for you to look at. If he gets there and it's not as described, he gets his deposit back. (which will have been left on a card, so can claim it back if they're awkward)

If it's mint, you buy it. You might not get a massive discount because you're already slightly tied in, but that car is cheap anyway.

PH1 WANTED
Thanks Revels, I've left a small deposit on my credit card. I've already sorted the price out with them as long as I'm happy with the car. I've not paid the advertised price. It's a bit of a gamble but based on the ad and speaking with the dealer I think it will work out alright.

that will teach me for making a thread about it!!

o well, i already decided on having the other one i was interested in.

Have you found another Lou?

as far as you were aware when you read this thread.... i was having this car. so in my eyes you were out of order ringing and leaving a deposit. i phoned 2 days ago to arrange what time they would collect me from station and rang last night to pay deposit but carl and adrian werent there so didnt want to give deposit to bloke who knew nothing about the deal....

luckily yes i decided i wanted the other one (going to view/buy this weekend) as it sounded more legit.

Thanks Revels, I've left a small deposit on my credit card. I've already sorted the price out with them as long as I'm happy with the car. I've not paid the advertised price. It's a bit of a gamble but based on the ad and speaking with the dealer I think it will work out alright.

small deposit of £150 or £200? what price are you paying for it?

i presume you asked about when it was last serviced, the tyres, steering wheel and any dents on the car before leaving that deposit...? ;)

the more i thought about service history, the more i worried. that garage is the only garage that has ever serviced it? so could easily bang up a false one?

and to be fair, i think its cheeky sending me a pm to ask the results of the hpi check i carried out on it..... surely you did that before paying?

good luck.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
pmsl... a car isn't sold until a deposit is taken. someone is out of order for not asking 'did the girl called Lou from Cliosport leave a deposit' before trying to buy it?

2 days ago you were buying it you said so they will have sold it as you hadn't left the deposit you were going to...

as far as you were aware when you read this thread.... i was having this car. so in my eyes you were out of order ringing and leaving a deposit. i phoned 2 days ago to arrange what time they would collect me from station and rang last night to pay deposit but carl and adrian werent there so didnt want to give deposit to bloke who knew nothing about the deal....

LOL! Women and logic never go hand in hand do they?!

It's not your car until you've paid, or at least left a deposit. It took you two days to call back? How do you even know the guy saw this thread before he called them? Autotrader is available to many people.

"i phoned 2 days ago to arrange what time they would collect me from station and rang last night to pay deposit but carl and adrian werent there so didnt want to give deposit to bloke who knew nothing about the deal...."

They were meant to be calling me back on the car! But like I said have decided on another now as its closer to me and it has both cup packs, plus there isn't any others!

To my knowledge it is not advertised anywhere else than the dealer website

PH1 WANTED
Thanks for all your posts guys some of which are constructive. I joined this forum back in 2007 when i brought my first Clio 172 Cup and never really used it. Im sure you can see this from my post count. Lou what you have said is completely wrong and please give Adrian a ring and ask him when i first spoke to him about the car and the position i was in. Then when you have his answer you may be decent enough to post the responce you get because you are well off the mark!!

For what its worth:

At the end of the day i spoke with him the start of last week in order to get the details and see what they would give me for my own car. I have an Astra Nurburgring at moment and sadly they wouldnt give me enough money for it so ive had to wait a week to secure the sale of my car. This was done yesterday and thefore i rung at 8 oclock this morning to put my deposit down. Without a deposit they were not prepared to hold the car for me. Atrrangements were then made to collect it.

Ive been looking for a LY182 for a while and have infact already contacted a trader on Renaultsport who is also on here about one they were getting. Ive owned loads of renaults and therfore im pretty sure i know what to look out for when i go look at it. Im not prepared to give out the specifics of the sale but what i am prepared to say is if the car is ok im am getting a good deal. If it is not i will be asking for my Small deposit back. As we are all aware LY 182's dont come up very often and you have to act quickly if you want one.

By pure chance ive have come on the forum today and looked to see if i could find any further information about the car and i found your thread Lou. The reason why i asked you if you had put a deposit down was becuase i thought it was a bit strange that id agreed the deal earlier on and you were talking about buying the car. The reason why i use this site is to gain knowledge about the cars im interested in and if i knew a car was a ringer i would not hide the fact it was and share the information with others.

The car has not been advertised anywhere elses as they were waiting to here back from me if i was going ahead with the car. What would be there point of advertsing it if they were about to sell it.

PH1 WANTED
pmsl... a car isn't sold until a deposit is taken. someone is out of order for not asking 'did the girl called Lou from Cliosport leave a deposit' before trying to buy it?

2 days ago you were buying it you said so they will have sold it as you hadn't left the deposit you were going to...

Exactly!! Cheers Gareth your inbox is full as ive tried to reply to you.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
you messaged me on Renaultsport........

& everything he has posted is true regarding the astra- at the time having to many cars meant I could offer a trade down :)

Steve :)

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
Not read this all the way through but who put the deposit down first no matter what or who phoned who has first dibbs IMHO

PH1 WANTED
you messaged me on Renaultsport........

& everything he has posted is true regarding the astra- at the time having to many cars meant I could offer a trade down :)

Steve :)

Getting rid of my Astra has really slowed things down. Lots of dealers have stock that they just cant move. If i had sold it last week i would have been collecting the LY182 last weekend!!

clio sport 182
i brought mine mate with 35,600 miles 04 reg in black .. all cup packs splitter spolier grey wheels etc etc .. 1 lady police officer owner .. full renault service history etc etc and paid £4995 .. would get them down a bit more tbh

Mountune Tractor
Which ever way you look at it that car is underpriced, even if it does need belts changing it's still cheap. A private sale with belts needed then maybe a fair reflection, but from a dealer????
I would be highly suspicious about this one mate.

ok well if this is the case then sorry. as you can see from my point of view it looked highly suspicious.

when i first rang about it they mentioned someone else was interested but then said first come first served... and mentioned someone was coming on wednes to view it. i said about is it unfair if i pay deposit when someone else has already arranged a viewing and they said no as at that second in time it was still for sale in their eyes...

hence when i rang yest and no one had turned up i then discussed what times my flight would arrive and then what time my train would arrive and he agreed to pick me up at a certain time on sat...

so as far as i was concerned no one was interested in it as they made it clear it was all go ahead for sat for me! i was awaiting a phone call back from them so i could pay deposit. they never rang and in the mean time the other half and i decided to go for the one thats closer and the one we knew more about (as more convienient too).

but i guess thats dealers for you lol sell to who ever, they dont care as long as they get their money :) bet you would have been slightly pissed off if i did put that deposit on last night! :p

Mental 172 Cup
i payed a deposit before going to view my LY182 as it was so far away and I knew i had to act fast if i was going to get a good deal!

In all fairness if the garage had of waited for Lou to buy the car, they would have been waiting and disapointed for turning away Holla as Lou ended up buying a different one.

For that exact reason, is why garages accept a deposit when its shown their way, because you can't rely on a verbal interest.