ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow 182.... value check !! please help!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just adding to the above--- IF there is proof of belts then

I would do the following- £5600 for car + £250 refurb wheels & possible suspension upgrade from classifieds here still brings you to only 6k which is a good price-

Just check carefully on the following:

invoices for service-- when was the last one- due every 12k
Belts - Invoice for....
Steering wheel-
Tyres etcetc

Good luck if you buy it :)

Steve

just spoke to them and the belts have been stamped in book and have got invoices for them. i have seen the back of the car and its def got the spoiler.

to be fair wheels dont bother me as id want to put tourini wheels off a trophy on at some point.

YY54CTE.jpg

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
good to see my eyesight hasn't failed me then :rasp:

being non-cupped there is a much better choice of coilovers should you want to lower it :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I would buy it at the price you said last night- flog the wheels & buy some speedlines then-

Just double check they did both belt kits

Best of luck

Steve

Mk4 .:R32
Didn't you buy my 172, then get rid of it for a clio DCI to save money? Then you got a lupo GTI and now you want an LY 182? haha!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
LY commands a premium.

This is fact, ask any trader, seller.

I'd rather a trophy aswell but that's not the point.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
as above- Last LY 182 I had sold for ABOVE mid 7's-

Whilst the trophy is a better drivers car not everyone wants red & its also bloody rare!!- especially in MINT condition-
The OP has found a perfect car on paper- just needs a bit of cosmetic work to finish it off- which it seems she was going to do anyway...

S

I would buy it at the price you said last night- flog the wheels & buy some speedlines then-

Just double check they did both belt kits

Best of luck

Steve

yea def prefer speed lines to the 182 wheels! double checks on belts, they both were done on 18/10/09 :)

Didn't you buy my 172, then get rid of it for a clio DCI to save money? Then you got a lupo GTI and now you want an LY 182? haha!

yea that was me :eek: got bored of the dci very quickly, felt like i was 80yrs old... then got lupo but always wanted a ly 182 but never been in my price range... now i found one i just thought f**k it! ha! when and if i need the money ill just sell it in a year or two.

wouldnt pay 6k for it tbh.

better looking one here, not yellow tho http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uv...alers/730/730&id=201038368897270&distance=371

either wanted flamer 172 or ly 182. im not paying 6k im paying 5600

buy it now! absolute steal if hpi clear

yep :approve: did that today!

I know its LY but aint 182s selling for around the 4k mark atm?

not low milege ones really?

OP, got to admire your commitment, its basically at the opposite end of the country to you!

lol! my past 4 cars have been minimum or 4 hours away.... i seem to only like cars miles and milllleeesss away! plus we love the road trips :cool:

Ye, 6k is just way over the top for that LY

not 6k.... find me a cheaper one ;)

IMO its a lovely car and proberly should be worth around 5.5k-6k but saying that so many other 182/172s in the market for alot cheaper brings its value down for me

Surely in that kind of price range this would be a better option
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?535577-Clio-Trophy-007-£5750

ive looked into the trophys but i like the xenon headlights which they dont have lol if i dont have a ly ill ost prob have a trophy as a fair few around at the mo!

LY commands a premium.

This is fact, ask any trader, seller.

I'd rather a trophy aswell but that's not the point.

if you decide to like a colour thats rare as hens teeth, you're happy to pay abit extra.

as above- Last LY 182 I had sold for ABOVE mid 7's-

Whilst the trophy is a better drivers car not everyone wants red & its also bloody rare!!- especially in MINT condition-
The OP has found a perfect car on paper- just needs a bit of cosmetic work to finish it off- which it seems she was going to do anyway...

S

:)

mine will be for sale next week 05 Liquid Yellow , 51k, both cup packs, belts done, anthracite wheels, window tints, mint inside and out,
looking for about 6k ish.. open to offers

some pictures here....http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?526492-my-liquid-yellow-182-cleaned!!-D

pm me for info.

i have already pm'd you...

Megane 225 F1
Milage is NOT a problem.

Owners is also NOT a problem.

On the spoiler cup pack is really important as it a visual one. The suspension is hard on the cup packed ones and there is less choice of coilovers should you want to buy them.

IMO of course.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Owners is once you get above 4--

I know this is a forum members car- however it would be the same answer either way- you will be the fifth owner- Once it gets to that level then people do start thinking twice about the car- it certainly goes against a sale-
I lost many people to One LY car due to 4 P/Owners

In terms of the cars, its really down to your preference over whether you want one with cup suspension & cup alloys, as most potential buyers know that this is more desirable-

If you put a set of springs on the car & plan to sell the NON cup one with Springs & turinis it wont matter in the slightest- it just means you need to spend net around 5/600 quid to get it to that point against the cup pack model-

horses for courses- A difficult choice to make, that to be honest you really need to decide on your own accord-

S

PH1 WANTED
I have put a deposit down on this car and going to collect it Friday. It does only have one cup pack but I'm going with coilovers once I get sorted. Fingerscrossed it does look like a bargain let hope it lives up to it when I collect it.

PH1 WANTED
Just looked through the thread. The garage that has done all the servicing is the same one that is selling.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Holla-

As you have put the deposit down you must have viewed-

Who has completed the Servicing & who did the belts.... Im pressuming you checked-

we were under the assumption it was full renault ticket

What you doing with your R27?

Steve

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I know I know- But at the start lou said it was franchised......

" excuse me sir could you tell me who has completed the servicing on your 182"
" yes certainly- bodgit & scarper & sons"
"Ok thanks thats great"
" Could you tell me if the cambelt has been changed"
" No its not due yet- we had it inspected by Ali bailey on a forum called cliosport & he told us its good for another 5 years.."
" I will take it......"

S

Megane 225 F1
I know I know- But at the start lou said it was franchised......

" excuse me sir could you tell me who has completed the servicing on your 182"
" yes certainly- bodgit & scarper & sons"
"Ok thanks thats great"
" Could you tell me if the cambelt has been changed"
" No its not due yet- we had it inspected by Ali bailey on a forum called cliosport & he told us its good for another 5 years.."
" I will take it......"

S

f**kING LOL

PH1 WANTED
I've put a deposit down in order to keep the vehicle from being sold. They have said its been serviced by them the whole time the owner has owned it. At the en of the day it's the same as buying any used at if your not happy with it you jut don't buy it. I will check the history when I get there and clearly if it's not on order then I won't take it and catch the train home.

I'm sure it's the same for any trader or dealer if the book is stamped and the previous owner says it's been done what else can you do as the potential buyer. Obviously you need to act on the side of curious but I think people are being abut harsh/judgemental.

With regards to my r27 it was sold a long time ago. I've been driving a astra Burg for just under a year that is going Friday.

PH1 WANTED
Wait. You've put a deposit on a car, without viewing it, subsequently hindering any potential negotiation that you may need to do upon seeing it.

Is it a refundable deposit?

I have put a deposit down to stop the vehicle being sold and yes should the vehicle not be as they have advertised then I will get my money back.

As I've said if the vehicle is not as they have said then I will not buy it. There is nothing wrong with doing that I've done it hundreds o time on vehicles I've brought.

I have put a deposit down to stop the vehicle being sold and yes should the vehicle not be as they have advertised then I will get my money back.

As I've said if the vehicle is not as they have said then I will not buy it. There is nothing wrong with doing that I've done it hundreds o time on vehicles I've brought.

So the garage will let you take the deposit back?

How in any way would that benefit them to let you have it back if you decide against it? It would just mean X amount of time would have been wasted when they have to turn potential buyer's away?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
That why its on the cheaper end-

Make sure you see the invoice for the following parts-

Full renault cambelt kit
Full renault Auxillary belt kit

I know there is some sarcasm in the thread- but everyone on here doesnt want to see someone stitched up with a Shi**er-

In terms of deposit I only refund Half if someone changes their mind- mind yhou there is nothing thats 'incorrectly advertised'

Steve