ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow 182 - Thinking of buying

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a trophy like Roy said before I even thought about spending that!

There will be plenty of dealers with trophy's if you're trading your zs in.

Just spoke to the dealer, he isn't moving on his offer.

His loss I guess.

The search continues.

That's because he knows someone will come along and pay sticker price sooner or later. The colour will sell it to a casual buyer who doesn't know too much about them. All joking aside, probably a girl.

06 LY 182
Well, I have gone about bought it. Checked out the cars history as much as I could, and it seems like a genuine, straight car.

People will think I'm mad paying what I just have, but I'm happy. So I guess that's all that counts.

Col

Barge
If you're happy fella then fair enough. If the car was what you wanted then good stuff, and seems you got a fair price for your own, just payed slightly too much in a few opinions of people on here.

Get some pics up when you collect. :D

06 LY 182
Yeah, I know I have paid over the odds.

Getting a car from the UK would have cost me, what with the trade in and the ferry/fuel costs.

Lets just hope it turns out to be a reliable example.

Barge
Indeed. All about weighing up the pros and cons.

I hope so. What happened with the Cam/Aux belt situation?

06 LY 182
Aux belt has been done. Cam belt is due next year and he has quoted me at £300 to get it done at his dealership (cost price). I've told him he better stick to that, and he has marked that down on the cars history.

Previous owner changed the oil every 4000 miles, guy was a mechanic and it was actually his girlfriends car who owned it from new. There was another owner after for a short time, and it was then traded back into the dealer.

Mini Cooper S sport
Stunning colour, you're going to love the car. Sounds like you've got a good example too. Post some pics in the sun when you've picked it up.

There will ALWAYS be someone on CS telling you you could have bought your car cheaper, even if it was free!

06 LY 182
Yeah, will think about that. Splitter is £130 though!

Can anyone tell me when the last 182 was built? This one is March 2006.... Would be interesting to hear if it was one of the last ones.

Barge
Could've been registered in March 2006 but built for a time before that. In 2006 the 197 rolled off the production line.

I wouldn't know how to identify its build date. You can only go off the day it was registered as far as I know.

Renaultsport 220T
Well, I have gone about bought it. Checked out the cars history as much as I could, and it seems like a genuine, straight car.

People will think I'm mad paying what I just have, but I'm happy. So I guess that's all that counts.

Col

At the end of the day, you are happy. That's all that matters. Enjoy your new purchase.

Keep her lit, as they say. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They used to be like £99 Roy but they realised how much Renault were charging! ;)

It's too small anyway. If you're looking at the road, you'll barely see it until it's too late. TBH the engines are pretty rough over 6,500 anyway. You'll often need all c.7,250 on track, but not on the road. The engine has given it's best once peak power has been reached. Better to change up and get back in the peak torque area asap.

Not got a car
Aluminium finish dashboard inserts
Aluminium finish instrument surround

Wish mine had them :dapprove: