ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF Progress!

LY 182
So the cars been off the road for over 4 weeks now since killing the gearbox, its been sent off to gripper to get one of there new 2014 Limited Slip Diffs fitted, they have had it 3 weeks and still havnt even stripped it down :dapprove:

Soo took the time to find a decent way of mounting my cruise control buttons to my recently fitted 300mm sparco wheel
i wanted to keep using the standard buttons to keep it looking half neat and tidy so i basically drilled 4 holes through the CC buttons and steering wheel and bolted them on! Ill let the pictures do the talking

So i ground it down abit so it would sit flush then drilled one extra hole into the button

129CB8EB-25F7-499B-9B6C-437B955CEF35_zpsvn5du7xx.jpg

Then put it in the position i wanted it and went for gold (well my dad did while i stood and took pictures)

4E736ADB-EDF6-427F-9138-30F8ABFC4AC8_zpswvahtg28.jpg

93E8C02F-F77D-43A9-B693-3C68779A8659_zpsxbys7y5l.jpg

And fitted! Then 4 little screws through with nuts on the back, the one one the left is abit low down which was dissapointing :(

43432FA6-FD6E-4ECA-8011-C676BAD1702E_zpsc2dk3xke.jpg

Then all finished off nicely with some cut down dust caps that pop perfectly over the head of the screws hahaha!

AA5A3797-4AE3-405B-9E94-B83B264E7FCC_zpsqv6qyswz.jpg

C91BE4FB-6CFC-4C08-A67C-CAE6288C475E_zpsyx9ekqp2.jpg

LY 182
Still no gearbox back from gripper, should be here early next week. While the car has been off the road i sent a few bits off to tyler at ultimate alloys to be carbon dipped! Over the moon with his service and quality of the items and prices are very reasonable tbf.
-rear bumper strip
-exhaust surrounds
-hazzard panel
-grab handles
-gear stick
-cruise control/traction control panel
-speaker grills
Which all in came to just over £200
ehuza6u6.jpg
bagate9e.jpg

LY 182
cars back on the road now, loving the LSD! So much grip and is so planted in the corners compared to before, got the PMS solid top mounts and strut brace fitted, powerflex ARB bushes, 15mm spacers, yoko AD08R's, and vibra technics engine/gearbox mounts, also got the new scorpion center cection fitted to replace my blowing old one not a huge difference in loudness but its better!

ytehumap.jpg

ma2urusu.jpg

saquhatu.jpg

Got a machine polisher bought and gave it a quick going over, (about 6 hours)

9u6uzena.jpg

u7ytyqyd.jpg

u9a4yvyh.jpg

rugypa2e.jpg

yhyvudag.jpg

umynuhej.jpg

Didn't come up to bad for a first attempt.

LY 182
Little update, brake callipers are now red as i got bored one sunday morning
u7ymu7u4.jpg
uryvuveb.jpg

Close up of the rear bumper after fitting the carbon hydro dipped strip and exhaust surrounds and polished the tips

na2a2amu.jpg

LY 182
Well todays boredom was cured by removing the rear seats and making a boot carpet for the 182, standard seats look abit out of place now so looking for some trophy trendlines if anyone knows of some for sale ?
y8uzemy8.jpg

Filled in the dip with some off cuts

edageny9.jpg

ry6ugeru.jpg

Got enough carpet left to make another 2 if anyone wants to buy one make me an offer, didnt turn out to bad for a few hours work id say.

uhybe9az.jpg

LY 182
Such a good car this, everything youve done it to is perfect Josh. The rear carpet looks quality, where did you get the carpet from? fancy doing mine haha.

Ill give you a txt.

Haha cheers its came along way in the 6 months ive had it, got it from storey carpets on portrack lane, had to buy a big roll as they had a minimum size i could buy :(

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
You can get the subframes from Capital Seating I believe, R-Sport Cars had some in his Flamer 172.

LY 182
You can get the subframes from Capital Seating I believe, R-Sport Cars had some in his Flamer 172.

im sure the actual 197 seats use a different setup to the recaro sportsters so the subframes wont match up to the 197 seats,
R-Sports seats were bought brand new from capital seating, were not took out of a 197 :(

I'll buy one of the sections of rear carpet off you josh just drop me a pm, cars looking sick!

Can't you just get some custom subframes made to put the 197 seats in?

LY 182
I'll buy one of the sections of rear carpet off you josh just drop me a pm, cars looking sick!

Can't you just get some custom subframes made to put the 197 seats in?

PM sent, i probably could but its finding someone capable and that isnt going to charge hundreds, toying with the idea of a cage and fixed back buckets...

LY 182
Well a couple of weeks ago i got a whiteline rear ARB fitted, purchased from ears motorsport

pume6a6y.jpg

Then had to have a quick blast over the moors to test it, it made a huge improvement to turn in!

u9uza2ez.jpg

Then today i had a rather long journey to Gloucester to pick up a pair of Recaro profi Spg's and sabelt harnesses from PaulyA610
And got them fitted this evening...

2ameje4a.jpg

etyma9yq.jpg

ytydu3eb.jpg

tuha5a9u.jpg

pe3a7e2a.jpg

Mercedes C320!
You have managed to do pretty much everything i would want to do lol! Looking good buddy! Glad your enjoying it! It hasn't caused you any more issues than after you first picked it up?

LY 182
You have managed to do pretty much everything i would want to do lol! Looking good buddy! Glad your enjoying it! It hasn't caused you any more issues than after you first picked it up?

Haha cheers! I swore i would keep it standard'ish' when i bought it, coilovers are next on the list as its raised up a fair bit with all the weight out. And nope only problems have been that missfire when i first picked it up, then the diff managed to eat itself, and a few weeks ago it started cutting out and not starting etc, changed a coolant temp sensor and it seems to have fixed it, touch wood!