ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode

Renault Clio 172
Hello,

I had a problem with potentiometer. In other words, car got to limp mode during the driving. Always it happened when i start off with 1-st gear or reverse gear. When i was driving with 2.nd, third etc gear, everything ran smoothly. I use the Bosch diagnostic which shows the error A0 that means acceleration position error.

I changed the old potentiometer with new one. Unfortunately the problem will continue. Much more seldom, but still.

Could somebody please tell me, what else can cause this problem beside the potentiometer ?

Thank You in advance !

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Mine did this as well. Took off the throttle body & cleaned it with some carb cleaner put it back on and all ok. I think the buterfly got stuck on the muck and oil from the breather that had got in there. I would have a look as it's alot cheaper than a new body!

Renault Clio 172
Is it difficult to clean the throttle body by myself? I read somewhere that it is difficult to put it back later.