ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode at high revs

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Happened a few times now, each time the engine has been warmed up and running for a while.

Basically sometimes when I go above 5k on a blast the car just puts itself in to limp mode. Turning on and off clears it and all is fine after that. The first time I just assumed I had hit the limiter and it was a safety thing.

For the first time today when I started it up after been sitting a few days the revs jumped to 2k on idle.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear this Arran :(

This happened to me about a month before you came. Coming off a roundabout and put my foot down and after it hit 5k it limped. Pulled over and i turned it off and restarted it and it had been fine since so i thought it was a one-off.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's one of these annoying intermittent faults Mark, my first 1.2 done the same never got round to what it was. It' must be some kind of sensor or something. Quite common I believe.

I suppose it's someone telling me not to drive fast ;)

2005 clio sport
yeah ive got a 04 cup and it has happend a few times to me. I have found it seems to be more related to the Aircon system than over reving. I was sitting on the side of the road the other day with the aircon on and after about 20 min i drove off. and just up the road the fault lite came on and the car went into lip mode. i hanvt found out why yet.