ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

like marmite - you'll either love it or hate it...

muz

big fat japanese bus
wheels are great - eyebrows are not really everythign else looks ok to me - it is a modified car after all

one thing though - your amp wiring is WAY WAY too thin - for that amount of ampage (OK so the MUTANT amp is lying its ass off about about its power claims) but you need 0 guage for that amount of power. anythign over 120 amps adn you need it mate

Mustang, S13, AX GT
2 secs :)

02557086.gif
I really like it in that photo, I'm not to keen on the light brows, and the paint is a bit OTT for me but otherwise it looks pretty good mate.

mk1 RSi
it looks good for a properly modded car mate, i wouldnt have the balls to put that much time and money into a clio, fair play. hope your chuffed

Certainly different, not my cup of tea but good effort. I prefer Euro tbh, but I like what you have done with the door strips, I wouldn't have the guts though.

zs180
i prefer marmite since you are asking
was it difficult connecting an exhaust from a piaggio scooter to your Clio:eek:
if there was a museum of bad taste i think your car would take top spot:(

Clio 200 Raider
dont understand why people do this to cars, money wasted or what, why dont you just buy a better car.

subtle mods are ok thats just over the top though

this belongs on a max power forum not here! chav or what

sorry mate not my cuppa

you posted pics and suppose want honest opinions, so please this is not meant to offend you personally as i dont know you so dont take it the wrong way.

WHAT A PILE OF S**T!

The paint is WRONG
The exhausts are WRONG
The bumpers are WRONG
The eyebrows are shameful
The rear lights are painted over with glitter?
The wheels are rubbish.
It looks like a disco ball and probably drives like one.

I dont mean to be nasty but i must sound a voice of reason, with the amount of money spent on that you could have had a Trophy or a V6 and both in standard form look 10 times better.

I must admit it looks great when it was just black apart from the wheels, at that point if you'd become bored why not upgrade to an RS or something else instead of throwing money down the toilet?

Fair play to creating something different but ive got to get a quote in from James May as i feel it appropriate:

"You had all the ingredients for a perfect Shepards Pie, then made it with Dog Meat"

Last edited:
I really deteste those light brows - they make the car look soooo ugly.

however I LOVE the rest of it. the piant is extreme, the styling and exhausts also look brill.

Good job. Just get rid of the light brows please. lol

Absolute Silage to be fair. My mind boggles at how someone could justify throwing their money away like that, in about 5 years time you will look back and think 'what the f*ck was i doing'

Stanced Honda S2000
crickey.. now i remember why i dont come to meets and how CS has got a bad rep with modders !

come on people... yes i asked you to be honest but not god dam rude !

would i call ur car s**t ? no.. id say... not to my taste...

good effort which a lot of people have...

i love it and i know many people who think its the mutts nutts

probably see u in max power live ....:)

cheers.

rich

Clio v6
Just popped in to let you know my daugher says it's fabulous. ( she only browses, never posts as she's very shy like me )

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
actually, calling names is rude silly boy

And i'm not being rude, I could be if you want me to slate your homage to shitboxes

PH1_172
Not my cup of tea i prefer oem, but you put alot of effort, time and money in so aslong as your happy then thats good,
I remember my boyfriend doing a project car to get it in a magazine he modded a Hyundai accent lol i hated it but fair play he got a 3 page spread in fast car then sold it as quick as he could this was 5years ago now

Defo alot of time and effort gone into that ...... not appreciated on this forum though .
tbh i dont like it either .

Da

Less
respect for what you've done mate, I've seen far worse. It's just the colour...looks so wrong...would be 100x better in a nice pearlescent colour. It's just a bit too glittery to be taken seriouisly.

Oh and the light brows ;) lol!

like i said in the post above ^^^ rude prick

im not having a go at you, i just think your mad to do this to that car, it looked so much better when it was just black, honestly mate.

Ill rephase then:

its not to my taste. In fact it tastes like...

im not knocking the lad for doing this, it takes balls and sh*t loads of effort, ive modded cars for 10 years but never to this level, i dont see the point when it clearly looked better when it was just black but this is just my opinion, so what the f**l do i know...

MCS R56
Good luck with that! Did you actually mean to put the exhaust there? Can't see it being there for very long.

Golf 7R
Looks like a transvestite had died, and was reincarnated as an ugly glittered up, badly styled waste of 4 wheels and an engine........ oh i dont like it!

Fair play mate, can appreciate just how much work went into it, and as you say it's not to everyone's taste, but after all you're building a car for yourself and not for anybody else. It's a shame that other people on this forum cannot respect you for doing something so different. After all we are all individuals otherwise we'd all be driving crap cars.

Some people cannot stray away from shiny original cars and slate those that are different.

Lionel Richie
bin those exhausts!

i think it'd be better without elite on the front bumper

and it needs some different wheels IMO

MKIII 138
looked ok in the flesh today, paint work lets it down a bit but there are sooo many options as the kit isnt too bad, bin the zorst.. go liquid yellow or pearl white :D

overall its your life and your car and its good to see someone into cars rather than someone into drugs

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
IMO ,ditch the eye brows, sort exhaust/s, remove splitter,

then sell the bugger + 3 grand and get a real sport.

had you saved the money in moding and insuring it uid probably be able to get a 172 and insure that.

A car like that gets alot of attention, especially at the lights and even though its a "cruiser" people expect it to have alot of badass stuff under the bonnet. Just not so "badass" when somthing like that gets smoked by a 1.4 micra.

Test drive a sport and u'd want to sell your modded pride and joy.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've just shite my pants, I'm sorry but I have to say I think that's a mess - and a BIG waste of money.

Also, £20 says it has a key-scratch within a week.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I don't think I've liked any car where Marmite has been mentioned in the post title.

Yeah, you can usually guarantee it has a 1.0/1.2 under the bonnet and (apparently) the cost of 3 half-decent, half-quick cars spread all over the outside.

And as for 'This is why I don't come on CS or go to any meets' comments - why the f**k is this guy an area rep?

Stanced Honda S2000
i used to be ^^

i even wrote my resignation...

i own my own webiste now where people are allowed to be different without people being rude..

feel free to pop across

http://www.fast-n-modded.co.uk

but i own a clio..so i thought a clio enthusiasts site might have been a good idea.. as ive had my fair share of experience with clios...

and this time next year im having an engine transplant... whoever was asking...

yes at the mo.. its a cruiser... soon it'llbe a bruiser too !

As father and son....
modded yes. fast, no. shitbox. definitely. your engine transplant should do you a nice 0-60 of 12.8 seconds with all the added shoeboxes glued to the side of it. awesome paint job, if i let a 6 year old swallow a packet of glitter pens can i get it to throw up on your car? Consider it a portable human touchup pen

oh er yeah its ur car, erm well done. hard work. just dont like it. etc.