ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lights

mk2 clio grande
ok the lights at the front of a mk2 phase 1 are they fog lights or driving lamps because technically if they have all the lines on them to divert the light onto the road then they are driving lamps and if the lense is totally clear then they are fogs but the ones i have on my car have the lines across the lense so wot are they driving lamps or fogs cos i got a fine today for having them on even though i didnt know it

im confused

they're fogs.

for the record, they are also completely useless in the fog... so serve no purpose whatsoever, other than to flash at other people to turn theirs off!

mk2 clio grande
got a 60 quid fine but no penalty points so im not as bad that i didnt get points but the 60 quid down doesnt help th funds especially when i have the wean coming soon

vers le haut doigt milieu
whats a wean? But yeah dont drive about with ur fogs on any excuse for u to get pulled over and that, I'm sure u've heard it all before.

mk2 clio grande
i know lol but im gonna be working some overtime on sunday nights so ill be gettin roughly bout 250 quid each shift i do on that so not too worried bout it haha

b/g 182, meg tourer
learn from the mistakes of having the fogs on. they just look daft and blind people. lol.
congratulations on the baby. could have done with that £60 i bet

BMW E46 330i Touring
I actually used my fogs for the first time ever on Friday. Was driving down to Cornwall and the A30 at Bodmin was about 20m visibility.

Was bugger all use, but I suppose at least it made my car more visible to cars coming the other way...

PH1 172 Sport
Ive only used them once when going down a pitch black b-road when it was pouring with rain and they were useless so I expect in the fog they are even more so.

53 Clio's & counting
the difference between driving lights and fog lights are fog lights have there own switch and driving lights only come on with main beam (for example iirc 106 gti's)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
learn from the mistakes of having the fogs on. they just look daft and blind people. lol.
congratulations on the baby. could have done with that £60 i bet

I fully admit they look daft/chavy and I never use them but I've never been blinded by someones fog lights (apart from rear ones) before tbh.

SQ5
Mine got ditched for CAF's (eventually, but the fogs have gone!!)

Anyone has them on I intend on blinding them with my fulls and people behind that have them on and sit up my arse get the rear fog, sharp brake, floor it combo :) lol