ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightened flywheel

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Can any one recommend a place / guy for a providing a lightened fly wheel.

Cheers
Steven
I can supply a billet flywheel if your interested? £250 delivered.

It's not recommended to do much with the original flywheel as if too much material is removed they're liable to shatter, leaving you up s**t creek without a paddle.

Clio 182

It's not recommended to do much with the original flywheel as if too much material is removed they're liable to shatter, leaving you up s**t creek without a paddle.

Hi chap, thank you for the response. Yes, clearly interested, do you have any further info on the product ?
Also, what's the lead time ?

172 cup, Impreza P1
@NorthloopCup

Mark, would ttv be able to make a custom billet flywheel. I'm looking to do a focus rs box conversion and will need an rs flywheel with f4r bolt spacing and custom offset.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@NorthloopCup ttv supply the ktec one don't they, yours the same but cheaper :). Really liked my ttv wheel when I had it. If funds allow ill be doing it again

Last time I bought the 7 flywheel bolts it came to just shy of £20

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Makes the engine more responsive (throttle response), gear changes improved.

I had the gearbox out anyway for fitting a diff so it made sense to change it at the time. Otherwise its a lot of hassle just to change the flywheel which is relatively light compared to other cars anyway. If I had to do it again I would, but I'd plan it with other mods.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@NorthloopCup ttv supply the ktec one don't they, yours the same but cheaper :smile:. Really liked my ttv wheel when I had it. If funds allow ill be doing it again

Last time I bought the 7 flywheel bolts it came to just shy of £20
I believe so mate, but they supply a lot of other companies as well. The one I supply isn't the ktec one though, as they have an exclusive deal with ttv - and quite rightly so.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
How much of a difference does it make?? Worth while mod?
In my eyes yes. Coupled with other mods to free up the engine its a great addition. I always use this vid of my old car as my benchmark. Had flywheel, apexi filter, 98 Ron map and epas/ac, ps delete

I believe so mate, but they supply a lot of other companies as well. The one I supply isn't the ktec one though, as they have an exclusive deal with ttv - and quite rightly so.
The guy who had my old 182 called up ttv to see if they would sell it to indirect but was told to go through ktec!

Same weight though yeah? They look so cool when new.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In my eyes yes. Coupled with other mods to free up the engine its a great addition. I always use this vid of my old car as my benchmark. Had flywheel, apexi filter, 98 Ron map and epas/ac, ps delete

The guy who had my old 182 called up ttv to see if they would sell it to indirect but was told to go through ktec!

Same weight though yeah? They look so cool when new.

Yeah I'm not surprised tbh. Yes mate it's either 2.8 or 2.9kg in weight.

I've got one ready for my new engine build - almost looks to good to fit! Lol

evo 5 clio 172 cup

ok mate, can you still supply these? And still at 250 delivered?
cheers. Dom

evo 5 clio 172 cup
Received my flywheel from Mark today.
Cheers mate. Nice bit of kit. Almost felt like the box was empty. Lol.
Recommend dealing with mark for anyone wanting one. Always kept in contact and was delivered very quickly. Shame everyone isn't as spot on to deal with.

Cheers

Track 172 Cup
Something else too add to the shipping list lol. Fancy one for my track car anything too help it rev a little bit more freely. What's the negatives too the lighter flywheel? Just a standard engine no boost or ITB (if anything would only ever end up on bodies)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Something else too add to the shipping list lol. Fancy one for my track car anything too help it rev a little bit more freely. What's the negatives too the lighter flywheel? Just a standard engine no boost or ITB (if anything would only ever end up on bodies)
The engine revs will drop off faster as there's less inertia to keep it spinning and it'll probably use a bit more fuel. Nothing horrendous though.

Track 172 Cup
Fuel I don't mind lol my daily does 13mpg lol get better hammering my clio round Oulton doesn't drop lower than 19mpg. Rev's dropping shouldn't bother me if I can get the hang of heel and tow.

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
NorthloopCup can u supply me a ttv flywheel please
Cheers Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk