ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light steering

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Had 2 clios now dynamique and now the 182..Is it me or does anyone else feel the steering sooo light on these cars.....everytime i drive it i feel as though im sweerving all over the place as i find it too light,does anyone else find it light and as if they are all over the place...and is there anything that can be done to make the steering more heavy..?

Seat Leon Cupra 290
speaking of tyre pressures, checked mine today, i did them up to 32 all around a while back i think, the back ones were 33 and 34, whats up with that?!

If you'd just driven then it will have warmed them up!

Though I get it too when they're stone cold and 2psi higher than you put in last time... Reckon someone drives round pumping up tyres for fun! lol

f355
my steerings light aswel. my tyre pressures are all 30's. i feel that the car has a mind of it's own sometimes, it's scary!

can anyone shed some "light" on this situation. How can i make the steering heavier??

LY V6 with Recaros
The steering seems fine on my 182, quite heavy actually compared to some cars I've drove, which have been ridiculously light. The 1.2 Clio seemed much lighter than the 182, although not too light.

Clio 182
I was having this problem with my 182, even had it to Reno about 3 times. Steering was very light, motorway speeds were leathal as the car would sway & to be honest felt like a death trap @ 60/70+!

After kicking up a fuss in Reno, the fourth time they checked the car, they noticed the driver side rear shocker was leaking, now it's fixed/replaced it is 1000% better. If you have not done so already I seriously recommend getting it checked out!

Only prob is if the motor is older than 2yrs, warrenty will not cover, cost me £110!