ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light quickly flashes once on dash when I brake

Clio 16v
An also same one flashes once on the motion to put it in reverse. The light that flickers is the rear fog lights.

WTF?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Earthing fault. Usually removing the wire block on the back of the light unit and cleaning up, bit of ub40 on all the contacts and bob's your monkhouse.

If you're unlucky, you may need a small screwdriver to move the pins about a bit.

It's perfectly fixable but can take a lot of faffing about.

Earthing fault. Usually removing the wire block on the back of the light unit and cleaning up, bit of ub40 on all the contacts and bob's your monkhouse.

If you're unlucky, you may need a small screwdriver to move the pins about a bit.

It's perfectly fixable but can take a lot of faffing about.

Oh cheers mate for help. I had that problem for a while and i didn't had a clue what to do. Should i just unplug both rear lights and clean the connectors with Electrical Cleaner then and check the earth? Or maybe with WD40?

Many.
Clean it all etc. I tend to bend the pins so they are tight again, as thats the main issue where they get wiggled removing.

Make sure the pins are all corrosion free too.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
As said above . It's a very common fault . Mine had been doing it for a few months , especially in wet / damp weather . I checked mine the other day and there was absolutely no corrosion on the connectors , they were like new . So i just gave both connectors a good spray with WD40 and the problems gone away now .