ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lift off clunk

2004 182FF
Noticed the 182 has developed a nasty clunk/knocking noise.

Its intermittent though. To reproduce:

- 1st gear
- rev up to about 3500rpm
- take foot off throttle

As it jumps forward due to the cut in power there is a nice clunk noise from the front of the car.

Doesn't happen all the time. Engine mount?

What's the best way to check the mounts?

ITB'd MK1
Most likely down to engine movement. Could be worn mounts, or could just be something loose. Dogbone mount bushes are the most obvious culprit

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine starts to do this asthe weather becomes colder. All mountings and bushes are new (ARBs, Dogbone stabilizer, Strut mounts and engine mounts). Only notice it in 1st and 2nd gear. Pain in the a*se, but there it is!

2004 182FF
Noticed in a multistorey car park today that at full lock left there is a grinding/knocking noise from the front end.

Hmmmm? Related or is everything rubber perishing in this cold.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
had the same on my 1.2- was down to dogbone gearbox mount working its way loose. Your grinding sound on full lock could be down to a worn cv joint

172 ph1
why is it not advised to take your foot off at 3.5k? mine does this when i pull off with lock on....im not scared lol