ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Life of a standard 182 exhaust??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're awful mate.

Mine was rotten to the core when the car was 18 months old. I've seen cars with rusting systems after a year FFS!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Mine has 58k on it and there is a rattle on idle. Looked under the car and it does look a tad rusty!! Think it may be time for a new S/S system..Only think is im skint!!!

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Mine has 30K miles on it in 3.5 years and still looking quite strong. Looking for an excuse to put a Milltek on it, so shame it hasn't rotted really

BG 182, T2 VW Camper
27K for me at 4 years. Rusted through at the connection between the tail pipes and the back boxes. Exhaust mounts were knackered too.

35k and mine's fine. Its been sat in the shed for 2k miles though... but its pretty much like new, just dirty

obviously longer trips as with all components will prolong the life of it. Short trip allow the moisture to build up and the engine doesnt get hot enough to burn up the moisture

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Just had mine replaced at 37k 04 plate.
Had the cat replaced on last day of warranty last yaer as it has cracked/rusted at malifold end, that was £987 thankyou very much Renault!

172 Race Car
obviously longer trips as with all components will prolong the life of it. Short trip allow the moisture to build up and the engine doesnt get hot enough to burn up the moisture

spot on.

probably the only component on a car that lasts longer with more miles

Mines still ok on 49k 3.5yrs old. It gets driven daily though and very rare they are short runs.

Although my cat cracked about 2k ago and needed fixing.