ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leeRS Clio Sport 172 ph2

Swift Sport
I wouldn't worry about a cage personally as the Clio isn't exactly a death trap, just bear it in mind when you're on the circuit. Make sure your car has good brakes and tyres, that's the main thing! I'd also recommend Bedford for your first trackday as there's plenty of room for you to find your feet :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I wouldnt be concerned with a cage Lee. Dip your toe in the water so to speak and see if you enjoy it first. With regards getting a second clio but dont have unlimited funds etc, makes more financial sense to do a couple of bits to yours and see how it goes.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah I'm just going to do the neccesary to mine and see where it takes me. Going to get me an induction kit, some 15s with semi slicks like yours and a new road set. Will use the kumhos on track for now. Docs and pads are easy enough to change at track (especially if bob is there) and will get the rims powdercoated day glow yellow so I look cool.

Did you get a spoiler in the end? I got mine for £90 off ebay. Sod buying one for £120 off CS lol

Its really not very hard to spray a spoiler yourself. In fact I found it a doddle!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get a spoiler in the end? I got mine for £90 off ebay. Sod buying one for £120 off CS lol

Its really not very hard to spray a spoiler yourself. In fact I found it a doddle!

Havnt got one yet mate, still on the prowel.
Looking for some hub centric spacers for the front at the moment and getting an induction setup like fattys.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers. Just this second ordered an induction setup so will hopefully have that fitted the weekend. Just looking for some hubcentric spacers now for the front

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, from what ive read there isnt really any gains from any induction setup.. that will be noticed on road anyway. Ive gone for the FATTYS induction setup and ordered a battery cover. Hopefully getting in on this aswell.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
battery cover is here. Along with my ramair cone for fattys setup. They have sent me somebody else's order aswell which is the larger non offset cone. Don't know wether to tell them or just keep it :p. I'm definatley keeping the jubilee clip at least. I will tell them and see what they say.
having the 2 side by side the is a massive difference in size. Just waiting for the pipe to turn up now and going to spray it matte black

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question while im at work.
have got some carbon effect vinyl knocking about so I'm thinking of using it up on the bit of grill that's under the bonnet where it says what oils are reccomended etc. Does this bit pop out on its own or is it attached to the 2 grills at the front?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Have just put a little bloody dent in my bonnet at the front when I shut it. Looks like dent repair will have to be called this weekend :)

Let me gueas you left a tool under the hood? LOL done that a few times! Speaking of which I found a nut in my bay yesterday. Guessing there must be a nut missing somewhere off my car :(

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
nah lol. I have done that before though. What I have done this time is pushed down on the front of the bonnet to close it and dented it inwards with my palm. Couldn't of done it in a worse place, its double skinned under where the dent is so will have to be sucked out I guess.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20150202_12_38_33_Pro.jpg

ye mannn. 200bhp now!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
tirght fit that was, Jesus. Was rushing a bit because I done it on my dinner at work. Sounds nice. Will position it a bit better when I get home. Nice cheap little mod. Just waiting for my rstuner to arrive now.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
sounds like a beast that does. Well happy with it for £40. Throttle response seems up and didn't notice any flat spots. 1st gear cant really hear much but 2nd upwards its like a lion.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yes very addictive. Just done 15 miles of random driving and letting it build up in 3rd.
civic type r and golf gt tdi were none to impressed with it ;)

I was thinking of this, just not sure whether it's worth it. Esp on a 182.
Seems to be mixed opinions on it. I think it depends on the current condition of them tbh

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, I got my money back from selling on the rs tuner so its only another £60 on top to get them matched.
Either that, or a cup spoiler if i can find a BG one.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't yours pearl black?

yep mine is PB but I wont find a cup spoiler in it pretty much anywhere. BG is slightly different but only a good eye would see the difference on something like a spoiler. If it was a door or something it would be more obvious. I will get it sprayed eventually anyway but if its black it means I don't have to rush to do it.