ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeds_182 E34 Daily

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sold the Clio to fund our lasses desire to go to Florida this year so needed something cheaper.

I decided to go for a 1995 E34 525 estate as I’ve always liked the shape.

Went to look in Manchester and took it out for a test drive. All good and not in bad nick for an old bus. Did the deal and then drove off. Made it about 5 mins down the road and then the clutch shat it’s pants so had to get the AA to pull me home.

More pics to follow but not the best start to BMW ownership.

4C38D9ED-1CF6-455C-9553-7D7A779DED4A.jpeg

RB Clio 182
Thats s**t, have you let the seller know?

Sometimes s**t just happens, hopefully its not too expensive mate.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Was you high tailing it out of roundabouts? Whereabouts in Manc you pick it up from?

Listerine & Poledo
Looks like the kind of BMW that's spent more time on roundabouts than is strictly necessary, hence surprise clutch is no surprise.

At least you know what you're doing with mechanical stuff though so be reet, ya?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Lad was about 30 who I bought it off. It’s not really a skid car! It’s on 134k Miles so probably due a clutch.

I’ll get some pics today if it ever defrosts.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like the kind of BMW that's spent more time on roundabouts than is strictly necessary, hence surprise clutch is no surprise.

At least you know what you're doing with mechanical stuff though so be reet, ya?

Nothing my wallet can’t fix. Made a bit on the Clio so not too bad.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, lowz and scene wheels = skidz maximus

should be a decent enough bus once fixed though!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looking at the MOT history, it's done 16k since 2005. You know full well the speedo gets unplugged after a couple of thou, and then plugged back in 3 days before the MOT

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking at the MOT history, it's done 16k since 2005. You know full well the speedo gets unplugged after a couple of thou, and then plugged back in 3 days before the MOT

No, it was parked up and lovingly cherished between tests.

106 rallye
Such a lovely car jim but i do think its either the master cylinder or slave cylinder that isnt letting the fluid return and holding the clutch slightly. Dont forget to tell him to check.

Didnt the guy say it had had a slave on it recently for some reason? Could be the same problem. Master cylinder or the pipe breaking down inside