ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lee’s 182 exhaust....the story continues.

Lee

BMW M2C

As Im sure a lot of you are aware, not only through my posts but your own experiences, the 182 exhaust is pretty much a POS.

I wont bore you with the details again, but once again mine has been in today to be re sealed as the original fix was blowing, and re fitted as it wasnt fitting correctly.

The final result was that the blow is completely fixed and the car is running smoothly. Its made a very noticeable difference.

But, this is how it looks.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1109183940__zorst1.jpg
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1109183965__zorst2.jpg

I felt bad complaining once again, but had to do it. I used the brand new 182 in the showroom as an example of how it should look. There was no way they could argue about it seeing as this is what is should look like.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1109184060__zorst3.jpg

So, seeing as they cant sort out the existing system they are ordering in a completely new one from the Cat back, replacing everything except the Cat.

Im happy with that, and I suppose they are sure they cant do anything further with the existing system which they suspect is bent!

The end is near.:D

Lee

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 23 February 2005

Looks good, I wish my exhaust was fixed...
Oops, must have read that a bit quick, I thought the last pic was the "after" pic...

No tea for me tonight....

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 23 February 2005
That looks fcuked! lol, They must absolutely hate seeing you pull up!

The girls on service are fine with me, think its the guys in the workshop who probably arent.

I noticed he took exception to me saying it was "miles" away from the bumper. lol

I just need to wait for the new exhaust to arrive then itll be sorted.

It doesnt blow now at least.

Lee

BMW M2C

Few reasons why I wont buy a new one.

Insurance, my arse is sore enough as it is with 6 points.

Cost, just done the 12k service and need 2 new front tyres after Brands.

Noise, I like it quiet, Im getting old.

And Im swapping the car later this year so it would be money down the drain.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 23 February 2005

Few reasons why I wont buy a new one.

Insurance, my arse is sore enough as it is with 6 points.

Cost, just done the 12k service and need 2 new front tyres after Brands.

Noise, I like it quiet, Im getting old.

And Im swapping the car later this year so it would be money down the drain.

i knew it!!! youre a limp wrist!!!!

mine came out like that !! , and it was to much to the left, and the left was higher than the right one !!, it got sorted eventually but im not sure if its leaking or not

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 23 February 2005

how the hell have they bent it? it would take some doing

is the new zorst coming as a one piece?
its when they cut it, i dont think they bend the pipes its more the hangers

Man, that looks like a horror show. What amazes me is that they thought it looked acceptable!? Who trains these guys? And why do they hate their customers???? Anyway, hope the new one holds until you change for another car, mate... By the way, what are you replacing it with?

Arctic Blue 182

Those first 2 pics look awful!!!! Definitely not right.

Is the 3rd pic the one in the show room or an older pic of yours?

Glad theyre sorting for you btw.

Lee

BMW M2C

The third pic is mine when I got it. Even then its lower than the one in the showroom was. But then mine never hit the surround which I know some do.

Arctic Blue 182

Mine is as your 3rd pic with a slight gap between it and the bottom of the plastic trim bit, but the 1st 2 youve posted really are taking the pi$$ dude. I do hope the new zorst sorts you out. Alls well that ends well eh?..........touch wood, fingers crossed, stay away from the cracks in the pavement...

speaking of dealers, damage and complaining (bit off topic, sorry), Im in the middle of trying to get something done about my scratched dashboard that that they did getting my stereo out. Jammed cd.

Hopefully getting the dash section repaired or replaced, as well as my stereo head unit.

Like you, I too feel bad going back over and over again complaining. I feel guilty as though Im putting them out, but at the end of the day we pay a lot of money for these cars!!!

Quote: Originally posted by sjtb on 25 February 2005

be assertive boys! dont accept it!
your taking the mick arent you, i am very assertive and it got me no were, in fact if i got more assertive they would have called the police !!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I gave them plenty of chances to sort mine, but didnt want to be arsey with them. I did keep saying I hate to keep complaining but I want my car as it was when I purchased it! They didnt argue when I showed them mine compared to the new one.

I did struggle to not go mad to be honest, but firm and fair always seems the best way. They did the best they could with what they had, so the result is I get a new exhaust.

Lee

BMW M2C

I know the pictures of how it was have now gone, but its all done and dusted.

I now have an entirely new exhaust. All seems well.

They also replaced both my headlamp washers for me, one was leaking the other was a pre emptive fix.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 10 March 2005
excellent! Does it go any faster ;)

Dam traffic stopped me checking. :oops:

well dont know if i can be bothered to get them to check mine again, does your new joint leek ???, even just a little bit

Lee

BMW M2C

Ill have to wait till I can get under or I get a cold morning so I can see if it leaks. Its all new, so the join should be much better due to it being made that way and not cut.