ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Led sidelights fitted, everything lights up when braking

Hey all, I've fitted some led sidelights and now everything lights up when I brake, sidelights, dash, clocks, lock and rear window heater switches, headunit display brightens the lot.

Any ideas on the cause other than s**t bulbs? They're halfords own brand led sidelights. Brand new product.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Put stds back in see if still same . Can't see why I have LEDs fitted for years they shouldn't cause problems really

Will do later. Also if I keep the brake pedal pressed and take the key out the engine still runs until I release the brake pedal! This only happens when I have dipped beam on.

Yeah tell me bout it! I've put the std bulbs back in and the dash doesn't light up now but the little display in the clocks and my headunit dim when using brakes. I'll have a look at the earth later and see what's what, that's if I'm not in a cell for killing my boss.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
If you changed the rear sidelight bulbs sounds like you have fitted a single filement bulb instead of a twin filiment bulb.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That's an earth fault. And if the Clio is the same as my Megane then the fuel pump earth together with the rear clusters so your possibly back feeding the pump via the brake light.

check all the earths on the car as a first step

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have LED side lights and LED numberplate lamp and i have none of these problems.

They have been fitted for months.

I would do as suggested above and clean / replace the earth point on the car and check the connectors of the rear light units also.